Im Lonely...

bikeperson45

I'm a member now! After about five days. Yipee.

Just a little rant here. Do you ever ride on your own? I'm getting sick of it. None of my friens like trials, they like "XC". Shudders.

Everyone that see's me doing trials just bloody stares at me. Creepy family across the road just take it in turns to look out their window at me.

Hate riding on my own.

Age doesnt really matter, nor does ability in most cases. Trials is about having fun, so even going out with any rider and learning will be fun.

Bang on,

Most people are happy to have another person to ride with,

It's a nice change,

Instead of riding with the same people without meeting others!

(Y)

I just found out I live in Oxfordshire, I thought it was berkshire! But I live near the border. I would go out but my parents don't let me :angry:

How old are you?

Some parents can be very protective up till a age. Or if there not ust to there child going out and stuff it can be hard for them to let go and stuff and adjust to it.

Hehe, I ride alone too. This is because there's really no one in my estate, and in the next estate, and the estate after that. The nearest is 15km away, and riding there isn't really a good choice - too far on 18:13!

But for me, I always keep to myself and I'm a very quiet person, so riding alone works best for me. But I would be more than happy if there's company.

If you still want to ride alone, just turn up your mp3 while you ride.

This is getting personal. Im 30 years old. Take away 17. So 13

My mum still laughs at 20inch wheel bikes.

well that explains things then.

Dont think my mum would of let me trek off anywhere on me bike to meet people i didnt no at that age.

Try riding with an mp3 that helps alot sometimes.

I'm allowed out in the local area. I'm in year 9 and bloody year 7s get to go to reading on their own :angry:

Thanks for replys, i've never actually thought of using an mp3 player!

You'll realise once you're older. My partners son is 13 and we don't let him go further than the little town he lives in.

You might feel grown up at 13 but I can wrestle with him one handed, it's really not safe for a 13 year old to be travelling places on his/her own.

When you have kids of your own you'll know what parents mean :)

Seems harsh I know but it's really not.

Hey buddy, i know exacly how you feel, im 13 and been riding trials roughly for a year and maybe a bit, at first it was really anoying riding on my own and all, so eventually i searched up if i could frind some riders to ride with, i did, ofcourse they were all alot older, spartan on here is my main riding buddy and hes 17 about, its a bit weird at first but you become friends and he ended up being my best friend about. Advice i have, try to find anyone who is better than you at trials or just somone to ride trials with who is about as good as you, because then you challange each other in riding and you get alot better much faster (Y) Good luck!

tell em to f**k off and get there on you own steam. i used to bike into town [6-7miles each way] when i was 13. it is a difficult age though, but keep trying now you'll be glad you've got a few years of riding under your belt when you start hitting the streets more :)

try and force your mates to give it a go just for a change, you'll soon get bored riding on your own, and theres nothing better than learning new stuff with your mates at the same time. show them some trials videos and try and get them excited about it and theyll soon realise trials is much more interesting than xc.

My friends just don't agree with trials. I told one of them to look up "trials" on youtube. The next day he said it was good and I said his name's Danny Macaskill. They thought it was funny that I knew his name, and I watch the ryan leech videos. They know footballers names. Found a few new trials spots though, but ones at a church :( But I'm Christian so they're cool with it. I do have quite a lot of "adventures" as I like to call them and I've travelled about 25 miles away.

Thanks again