Which Tar Is Best?

Just ordinary road tar, you can use a lighter to mould it into balls and then keep in a bag in your pocket.

Be carefull though because the lighter melts it so dont keep it on for too long. Also dont put to much on your rims because your bakes will just stay stuck on and you will look like a right tool going over your bars! lol

hi im fairly new to trials and am wondering wat tar to use on my rims for my magura's?

cheers brad

Hi i have been off of my bike for well over 1/half year now due to illness but when i was riding i found road tar amazing as it really help me so much

Hope this helps Steve

Is there a "proper" technique to apply the tar?

I used to spin my wheels, and dab the tar on it while it's spinning - a fast way of applying.

Sometimes I also draw lines (diagonal) on the rims with the tar, about 2cm gap.

cool, yea well i just rolled what i got into a ball and let it go hardish, then just basically rubbed it on, it seems like hardly any is going on but WOW did it improve the braking. Why did I not do this befor!! its bloody awsome (Y)(Y)

cheers

It seems your not familar with using tar so someone best point out that it doesn't work well in the wet. By that i mean you might as well not use any brake pads at all.

spot on, im not familiar, no one uses it in australia...

this might be a dumb question, but is there a good way of getting it off if you know that it is going to be wet?

Cilit Bang tends to be the most popular thing to getting your rims clean.

I used to use petrol years and years ago when i used tar.

Also use some tissue to dry the whole rim and get all that residue off left by whatever cleaning product you use.