White Industries.....

Xandor!1990

I guess you are referring to the trials version?

I've tried it on my friend's bike. It's pretty good.

I'm not sure of the price at your side, but it's worth the buy (my side doesn't have a wide range of freewheels, so WI is good enough)

Are you Dizzy?

Eno's are mint, best freewheel on the market by far, such good internals! loved mine!

My mate has had two Enos and two try-alls in the time I have had my Tensile, his latest one started skipping often after 2 days of having it. It stopped though when he cleaned all the grease out.

My tensile is 18 months old, and cost ÂŁ35, never skipped. Bargin.

My mate has had two Enos and two try-alls in the time I have had my Tensile, his latest one started skipping often after 2 days of having it. It stopped though when he cleaned all the grease out.

My tensile is 18 months old, and cost ÂŁ35, never skipped. Bargin.

Mine skips like a bitch.

Have you ever serviced yours?

If you have I think mine is due for on because it skiped about 30 times over the weekend.

So I just take my lockring off and take all the bearings out, Remove all the grease and then put the bearings back in, Is that it?

Take the bearings out, the outer shell off, then the springs and pawls, clean it all and put it all back together. It's a fiddly job, but it saves you buying a new freewheel normally. If it's skipped a lot though, the edges may have been taken off the rachet, so it will never be the same again.

Take the bearings out, the outer shell off, then the springs and pawls, clean it all and put it all back together. It's a fiddly job, but it saves you buying a new freewheel normally. If it's skipped a lot though, the edges may have been taken off the rachet, so it will never be the same again.

:(

Sorry for stealing topic by the way.

I hate the common misconception that loud freewheels are better. Ofcourse the Tensile will be louder than the Eno, you don't have a ring of sealed bearings sitting next to the ratchets on a Tensile. Not to mention having less engagements means deeper ratchets an longer pawls, pretty obvious your going to get a louder click, since when has having less engagements been a desireable thing?

Aslong as you keep it clean (I serviced mine every week or so if not more often) the ENO is far better, but again saying that I regularly cleaned out my tensile and had no problems. But yeah ENO for the win

Aslong as you keep it clean (I serviced mine every week or so if not more often)

Are you f**king mad? seriously? No life or anything other to do than fiddle with your bike? I don't even oil my chain (even thats a halfords own chain i haven't got round to replacing yet) I didnt take my Eno apart apart from when it blew up when Elding rode it... i found as many pawls as i could whacked it back together and havent opened it up since. for like 18 months... never skipped :S

Are you f**king mad? seriously? No life or anything other to do than fiddle with your bike? I don't even oil my chain (even thats a halfords own chain i haven't got round to replacing yet) I didnt take my Eno apart apart from when it blew up when Elding rode it... i found as many pawls as i could whacked it back together and havent opened it up since. for like 18 months... never skipped :S

Lol what about the ENO that cycles Uk broke... you sort that out?

You're onto a winner (Y)

Scopse, i heard something pretty logical the other week, less engagements = deeper engagements = better?

Not necessarily, once a pawl's sat in it's ratchet it's not going to come out. The only reason you really get freewheels skipping is because the pawl doesn't fully sit in the ratchet, it sort of sits at the top an then when you peddle it jumps to the next ratchet. That happens regardless of how deep the ratchets are.