Firefox Help

huge

Can anyone tell me how to change the settings so that if I type in a website name eg "trials forum" in the address bar without www etc it takes me straight to the site rather than going through yahoo searches?

It had been working fine for ages but somehow I've managed to break this handy feature

Thanks

Edited by huge

You got yahoo set as your homepage?

If so, give yourself a slap on the head for being weird... and set google as your home page, problem should be solved ;)

Google uk is the homepage, which is why I'm confused.

It shouldn't matter what your homepage is, that will make no difference. Perhaps if yahoo is the default search (little icon to the left of the search box, to the right of the address bar, should have a G in it for Google) that might make a difference, wouldn't have thought so though.

Ctrl+Enter after typing in URL name without http reference e.g. google then Ctrl+Enter

usually that will take you to a .com website but you can change that when you type in about:config in the firefox address bar, I'll explain further tomorrow when I'm not as drunk :S

It shouldn't matter what your homepage is, that will make no difference. Perhaps if yahoo is the default search (little icon to the left of the search box, to the right of the address bar, should have a G in it for Google) that might make a difference, wouldn't have thought so though.

yeah i'd started drinking last night, i meant to put "and yahoo toolbar" instead of just as his homepage. The yahoo toolbar seems to come free with a lot of installers for whatever reason and its very easy to install it by accident if you don't pay attention to what your doing. It can also do weird things like setting searches to go through yahoo when you type words into the URL address bar.