Screw On Disc Adapter?

Caleb

Just wondering could you get a screw on disc adapter for a rear mod hub?

For example the onza t-master hub has two threaded sections, surely youd be able to get a dmr screw on disc adapter (from the fixed dmr revolver hubs) or similar screw on adapters to allow a disc to be run?

The only downside would maybe it undoing it self? if the thread was in the wrong direction? (like a pedal may undo itself on a crank if the arm is being used on the wrong side) e.g. two right handed arms two rh pedals etc . . .

They don't undo themselves under normal usage, but they do with trials, 'cos you're generally putting strain on them in two directions (Not simultaneously :P), whereas with a normal MTBer they're just putting force on them in one way.

I think id still like to try and maybe add a blob of weld or a lockring perhaps?

must be the same thread size as i assume you can run a freewheel on the threads of a t-master or would the freewheel be too big? cba to take off my wheel and test fit the tensile freewheel i have. . .

From the ones I've seen, there's not really enough thread left to add anything else onto the hub. It'd also be a weeeeeeird size nut to track down too.

EDIT: Just looked on CRC, you have to get http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15246 this to run with the DMR Revolver with the screw-on adaptor. Might work for a mod hub I guess, if the threads are right.

ah cheers

found out that the thread size is 1.37" x 24tpi on both hubs and ffw cranks so all should be fine.

just seems a cheaper method of getting rear disc set up than paying £70 for a rear disc specific hub

If you've ever landed a gap or a backwheel on a wall (Or something similar) to the extent your brake has slipped and your wheel's slipped down the face of what you were gapping onto, that'd suggest it'd be putting an 'unscrewing' (TECH) force on it? I seem to remember DMR originally including a disclaimer that said not to use it for trials, but that could've just been me incorrectly recollecting a Tartridge quote...

My front hub had a screw on disc mount. Never came undone, didn't expect it to being on the front mind you.

I would have thought a shit load of locktite would do the job and hold under forces much more than anything you'll do riding.