Try-all Ti-nesium Pedals.

Alex-Mitchinson

how will these pedals be better than ordinary magnesium pedals, im aware of the ti but surely they cant be much stronger?. because ive never snapped/cracked/bent any pedals in my life time, all ive done is lost the odd pin.

the only difference i have noticed is that if you spend an extra 100quid you can save 62grams from the trial-tech magnesium pedals.........surely you have to be blind and buy them accidently rather than buying other magnesium pedals

also look at the standard magnesium pedals, all the other brands are exact same as the try-alls (appart from fairy dust) but they cost £17 more :S so what what do we get for that extra £17 :D ?

free fortune cookie?? :D

Losing weight costs a lot of money, titanium is roughly 55% the weight of steel but as strong

62 grams? youd lose more weight peeling the stickers off your frame...

or just eatin one biscute instead of 2

If you mean 'alu cage' in the style of VP double cages, the main problem I'd see is that the cages would snap really easily? My cages bent all the time, so if they were alu, I'd imagine they'd crack/snap pretty fast.

there are some steel ones but the onza and echo vp's are aluminium, hense why they dont rust and die so quickly... the material also doesnt look anything like steel :D

I guess the only option is an alu body, steel cages, with ti axles. and maybe ti bolts to secure the cages to the main pedal body. the ultimate cage pedal.

na, the cages die first, so titanium cages... then the the thread for the bolts in the body strip, so maybe better aluminium body... bolts still steel as they are unlikely to snap or ti for weight freaks... nd steel axel as they will still out last the rest anyway or ti axel for the weight freaks :D

also im pretty sure ti fractures alot easy then steel, so when the axels do go.... well... with the steel one it will most likely bend first, you spot it,,, oh dear buy a new pedal...

ti axel will just snap and tear a nice chunk of skin off down the side off your legs or just impale you :P come on!! surely that alone is worth the extra £104 ....

if i was going to spend £149 on a set of pedals i would like removable pins that are actualy removable after usage.. maybe like these gussets

but with more then 2 removable pins on each face. (a very smooth mate has snapped a pair of these clean in half btw.. not recomended)

a hell of alot more unique and nice design so people can see they are different.

they even have the holes for reflecters! shows that they are not trials specific at all.

i would also like more colours!! lmao like the trial-tech, viz etc magnesium pedals (and all the others)

and maybe more then a little painted try-all logo that looks cheap as chips

basicaly i dont see how try-all can be so ignorent and just send some thing as standard as that and try and charge so much.

i find it funny, you wont look cool with them, because one people wont notice what they are... and if they do they will probs just thing your stupid for buying them :D

ah well.. good luck in selling them :D

they will make the £45 pedals look 'cheaper' so people may buy more of those because it seems like more of a deal now...

keep us informed on how many you sell :D i would realy like to know :D

Edited by adrian@eastcoasttrials

The extra price has been gone over for a while now.

Plus, ti doesn't just suddenly snap like that, it still breaks in roughly the same way steel does, so it'd still bend before it snapped. It'll outlast steel as well 'cos it'll be able to take more hits and not get bent/weaker? Seeing as ti has a greater ability to take hits and return to it's previous shape (Can't remember the term for it...), 'n' all.

People didn't think they'd sell any of the top of the range Koxx bikes that cost thousands, but they do. People paid the extra money for Monty VP pedals, even though they were the same thing. People will always want to buy what the top riders have got, so I'd imagine they'll sell a few of them, even if it won't match however many normal MG-1 type pedals they sell.

Lastly, those under-side-tighten pins on the Gusset pedals are shit for magnesium bodies, 'cos in much the same way that normal pins strip easily from mag bodies, they do too. They're also a bit of a 'mare to undo if the tops of the bolts get flattened in any way, whereas pliers/mole grips take out almost any pin that gets mullered from the top-loading type bodies.

Regarding the pedal cages, thin, black finished metal looks like thin black finished metal to me (Been f**king ages since I saw a pair of double-cages close up). I wasn't aware it was that easy to tell how painted steel looked different to painted alu.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to put in all the :D emoticons.

The extra price has been gone over for a while now.

Plus, ti doesn't just suddenly snap like that, it still breaks in roughly the same way steel does, so it'd still bend before it snapped. It'll outlast steel as well 'cos it'll be able to take more hits and not get bent/weaker? Seeing as ti has a greater ability to take hits and return to it's previous shape (Can't remember the term for it...), 'n' all.

People didn't think they'd sell any of the top of the range Koxx bikes that cost thousands, but they do. People paid the extra money for Monty VP pedals, even though they were the same thing. People will always want to buy what the top riders have got, so I'd imagine they'll sell a few of them, even if it won't match however many normal MG-1 type pedals they sell.

Lastly, those under-side-tighten pins on the Gusset pedals are shit for magnesium bodies, 'cos in much the same way that normal pins strip easily from mag bodies, they do too. They're also a bit of a 'mare to undo if the tops of the bolts get flattened in any way, whereas pliers/mole grips take out almost any pin that gets mullered from the top-loading type bodies.

Regarding the pedal cages, thin, black finished metal looks like thin black finished metal to me (Been f**king ages since I saw a pair of double-cages close up). I wasn't aware it was that easy to tell how painted steel looked different to painted alu.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to put in all the :D emoticons.

i think the term is elastic modulus or maybe you mean high yield...

heres some properties

Material .......Modulus ......Yield Point ..................Specific Gravity

Aluminum .......10-11 ............11-59 (4-22 annealed.) ....168.5

Steel .............30 ................46-162 ...........................490

Titanium .........15-16.5 .........40-120........................... 280

modulus is kinda stiffnes so image you put the same amount of weight on exact same size bars of diff materials, you would see which are more stiff, and yield point in how far it can bend before it stays bent without going back to shape. so if you got a bar of what ever material and put a weight on one end it would flex, but as you take the weight off it would go back to shape, once you bend it far enough it wil stay bent (its yeild point).. so pretty much just strength

specific gravity is just weight... so steel is stronger unless the ti one is bigger which in an axel it wont be.

well as i said for £149 they should come up with a better idea for the pins e.g removable rows of pins so they will always be able to be removed no matter how mashed the pins get...

i tried to get the pins out of my v8's with mole grips and pliers, i got 4 out :D

lastly, if they're steel they will be painted if they are aluminium they will be anodised, so you can see the difference :D

ah and i thought of a good one, carbon fibre body with steel or alu thread inserts? also a curved face like the new specialized pedals would be nice, which also have needle bearings for added like and strength as well as a mechanism that allows you to adjust how easily the pedals spin

yaba daba doooooooooooo

Edited by adrian@eastcoasttrials