Try-all Ti-nesium Pedals.

Alex-Mitchinson

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=10458

Why are they £149? They are copys of the wellgo MG-1 pedals, much like the VIZ, Echo and Atomz.

Fair enough they have Ti axels, but they are like £40. So MG-1's are £45, then add the £40 for Ti axels, thats £85. Where does the extra £64 come from? The fact that it says 'Try-all' on them?

Fair enough they have Ti axels, but they are like £40.

Where? Tell me and I'll buy a set or two, haha.

The bodies are the same as the existing Try-All Magnesium pedals, but with raw materials costs so high, titanium bits are crazy expensive...

Where? Tell me and I'll buy a set or two, haha.

The bodies are the same as the existing Try-All Magnesium pedals, but with raw materials costs so high, titanium bits are crazy expensive...

Alans BMX have some, if you phone them up (not on their website) I believe :)

£45, out of stock, different pedal...

Yeh sorry, they came up as like £38 for me because I have it set to deducting VAT.

I realise they are out of stock, but would CRC really keep the price as £45 if they should be costing £100+ according to the Try-all price, and yes they are different pedals, but they're extremely alike, and I can't imagine the axels being much different.

The link from 'esfrost' pretty much sums up what I'm trying to get across. How are the try-all pedals different to those in the ebay link? Why are the try-alls nearly double the price?

I may be coming across as 'having a go' at Tarty, but I'm not. As a customer I have the right to know exacly what my money is buying me.

Edited by Alex-Mitchinson

Yeh sorry, they came up as like £38 for me because I have it set to deducting VAT.

I realise they are out of stock, but would CRC really keep the price as £45 if they should be costing £100+ according to the Try-all price, and yes they are different pedals, but they're extremely alike, and I can't imagine the axels being much different.

The link from 'esfrost' pretty much sums up what I'm trying to get across. How are the try-all pedals different to those in the ebay link? Why are the try-alls nearly double the price?

I may be coming across as 'having a go' at Tarty, but I'm not. As a customer I have the right to know exacly what my money is buying me.

Aah I see, cool.

Well, my guess would be just that they ran out of stock and they can't get any more - I know that we can't order Ti axles from DMR.

I don't believe the pedals to be any different, the shop in Hong Kong certainly have less people in the chain (manufacturer, person in Hong Kong, you) and this is where they can cut the price. Strictly speaking there should be duty and VAT on top of that price (which companies will pay, thus increasing the price) but I am sure there will be some tax-dodging going on from eBay.

Yeah of course, understand (Y) It's like buying anything, if you want the brand name then it costs more.

Ok, thanks for clearing it up a bit (i think).

So your basically saying the the extra £64 comes from the following: 'middle men', Try-all logo, increase in cost of raw materieals, duty and VAT?

Due to the apparent increase in the cost of raw materials will be seeing a large increase in the cost of other products also?

So your basically saying the the extra £64 comes from the following: 'middle men', Try-all logo, increase in cost of raw materieals, duty and VAT?

Due to the apparent increase in the cost of raw materials will be seeing a large increase in the cost of other products also?

Yeah exactly. Duty and VAT would usually account for ~£20 (or more in some cases) on a £100 item.

All bike-related items are set to increase in price very soon, yes, some by up to 40% :(

Yeah exactly. Duty and VAT would usually account for ~£20 (or more in some cases) on a £100 item.

All bike-related items are set to increase in price very soon, yes, some by up to 40% :(

Urgh. So if one was planning a big spend, now would be the time to do it? :shifty:

Edit: Just to add, looking at other Try-All retailers in other countrys tartys price on the Ti-nesium pedals are the best by a considerable amount.

Edited by Quackers!!

Urgh. So if one was planning a big spend, now would be the time to do it? :shifty:

Edit: Just to add, looking at other Try-All retailers in other countrys tartys price on the Ti-nesium pedals are the best by a considerable amount.

Haha... well... I think the increases will come into place gradually as stocks run out etc.

Regarding the pedal prices - yes, we have reduced the RRP (and thus our profit margin) to get them to a more attainable level.

I'm guessing this is to do with the fuel costs (importing) and the cost of raw materials?

Either way I think was unavoidable - pretty much everything has increased now, I'm suprised the cost of bike parts has survived this long to be honest.