Hope-mono Front Brake.

cox.

Well basictly ive got hope mono front brake, ive had it since last summer now to be quite honest with you iam a bit dispointed with it, nearly once a mounth it brakes, the first time it broke it had to pushes to it, the second time only one caliper would work witch nailed by pads, the i had to order new pads, and sort the brake out again. The second time it went really weak as if there was nothing to it, not much hole or power when using it, the the time after i had i leak which lasted about 2mounths, again had to get it re-bleeded also had to order new seals. Now the lastest time my brake would work fine untill i started to get about half way through my days riding the brake would slowly come closer and closer in to the bars, eventually it would come all the way in and i could hold it with 3 fingers and just ride along.If i then put my bike up and pressed the lever in about 5mm (just keep pressing it) it would slowly come back to life again, then about an hour later it would happen again, but it would take nearly about half hour to work again, then it would leak out of the hope box (near the lever).So to be quite honest with you i think that anyone who is thinking about buying a hope on the front i agree that you should, buy yourself a avid bb7.

Thanks for you timmeee.x

Problem with yours is the plunger as i said the other day ou need to get it all re serviced and thenit will work fine! mine worked fine untill i got shit on my pads and rotor! thats why i am oing to get it re serviced so everything will be fine again!

i would say hope mono are 1 of the best brakes to have on the front! there is alot of modulation, and if u wont it sharp just wind lever in and pull in with a bit more strength!

if you really wont to try out cable go for it, your decision!

Don't know about your brake (kind of gave up trying to read the post to be honest) but I'd like to shoot your English teacher.

It kind of hurt my head reading it :S

how old is the brake? have you owned it from new? instead of just moaning have you contacted hope about the problem?

Don't take it to a bike shop to get serviced. Just send it back to Hope with a letter explaining the problem with brake. They'll sort it all out, and send it back to you, and more than likely it'll just cost you postage. I know loads of people that have sent Hope parts back to Hope to be fixed, and have not been charged for it.

Oh, and please write your posts with the correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, as you'll find people will not bother to respond to your posts otherwise.

After all, you had to do it to get validated.

i got my front hope second hand for 40quid, ive had it over a year and its always worked fine. had my rear hope for about a month its always worked fine....

just because youve got one defected product doesnt mean all hopes are crap and that people should buy bb7s. your statement should say "i think" hopes are shit etc etc, rather than saying false comments about products that i beleive to be the best on the market.

rant over....

edit: listen to your english teacher when she teaches you to write in stuctured sentences, eg learn to use commas abit better and full stops. :)

Edited by Bearded Midget

You're c**ts if you ask me. If you don't like what you're reading then don't read it. Pretty simple isn't it? Can't wait 'til your next post...

Chill fella.

I got my front Hope second hand for 40quid. I've had it over a year and it's always worked fine. Had my rear Hope for about a month it's always worked fine...

Just because you've got one defective product doesn't mean all Hopes are crap and that people should buy bb7's. Your statement should say "I think" Hopes are shit etc etc, rather than saying false comments about products that I believe to be the best on the market.

Rant over....

Edit: Listen to your English teacher when she teaches you to write in structured sentences, eg. learn to use commas a bit better and full stops. :)

Dude. Seriously.

Christ, I feel like the damn Spelling Bee!!

i got my front hope second hand for 40quid, ive had it over a year and its always worked fine. had my rear hope for about a month its always worked fine....

just because youve got one defected product doesnt mean all hopes are crap and that people should buy bb7s. your statement should say "i think" hopes are shit etc etc, rather than saying false comments about products that i beleive to be the best on the market.

rant over....

edit: listen to your english teacher when she teaches you to write in stuctured sentences, eg learn to use commas abit better and full stops. :)

yeah yeah, areet cheers then. And for the other gimp who keeps being a nob, im listening to him becuase hes being areet about it.

your c**ts if you ask me, if you dont like what your reading then dont read it pretty simple isnt it. cant wait till your next post..

This is why people have to be validated. The moderators need to make sure new member's are not going to just cause issues for other member's. I responded to your topic offering you advice. I also made suggestions for your future posts. There's no need to get agressive about it, otherwise knowone will help you out.

People use the forum, to get other people's advice, points of view, suggestions. They then either take it or ignor it, they don't throw it back in their face.

Simple, if you want help with anything use the forum, as everyone on here is willing to help anyone else as much as they can. If you don't want help, then go elsewhere.

Were all friends here, so don't get agressive, all were doing is making simple suggestions to help you get better results with your futur posts, as well as this one.

Helping out did you say?

Dude, the point Nick's making is that if you just take a bit of effort to make your posts easier to read (and stop being so arsey) you'll get a far better response by everyone.

You're the one who signed your post off with 'timmeee' and that quote (which was aimed at Gu-triials (interesting spelling of trials by the way), not you) was just an observation that you both live in the same place as each other and apparently, judging by your posts, have equally poor literacy skills. And that's not meant to be a dig at either of you- as I said in my first post, I'd like to shoot your English teacher.

Anyway, send the brake to Hope and be done with it.

I got my front Hope second hand for 40quid. I've had it over a year and it's always worked fine. Had my rear Hope for about a month it's always worked fine.

Edit: Listen to your English teacher when she teaches you to write in structured sentences, e.g. learn to use commas a bit better and full stops.

Depends how pedantic you want to be Dave.

Give him a break, his shift key is probably broken. :P

Do you go to the same school as Timmmmmeeeeeee by any chance?

helping out did you say?

Coxx, thats not quoting Nick's post, where he did give you the best advice you could take in your situation.

I'd say respect your more experienced elders.

Edited by Fugley

Depends how pedantic you want to be Dave.

Give him a break, his shift key is probably broken. :P

The point was that he was giving advice about typing correctly and using grammar while completely ignoring it himself. Or maybe that was deliberate and I missed the irony of it all? I wonder...

Chill fella.

Dude. Seriously.

Christ, I feel like the damn Spelling Bee!!

did i say anything about apostraphees( however u spell it) and capital letters :-

also, atleast what i write is actually readable.

and for the topic guy, just do what your mate said and your brake will work.

your c**ts if you ask me, if you dont like what your reading then dont read it pretty simple isnt it. cant wait till your next post..

beef. :blink: we're just trying to help you in a way, if you don't help yourself no one else on the forum will..

steve

Edited by Steve Tse

come on if you see some of the replys he gets, im suprised he hasnt acted like a newb by making a topic about how shit the forum is, he does get hassled if you see some of his topics! he is jsut another trials rider who doesnt need the hassle!

jsut leave it out

harsh!

come on if you see some of the replys he gets, im suprised he hasnt acted like a newb by making a topic about how shit the forum is, he does get hassled if you see some of his topics! he is jsut another trials rider who doesnt need the hassle!

jsut leave it out

harsh!

twat

And thats three days out for you right there.

If you can't write posts in legible English, you shouldn't have been validated, except no one would have validated you if you couldn't do it in the first place. Ergo: I'm not quite sure whats wrong with you.

Rich