Contact Lenses

Tomm

I need some more contact lenses. I know my prescription (-1.75L, -1.25R, TF fact fans ;) ), and I don't want any long term contract or anything. Can I just buy some contacts online and get them delivered, no questions asked? I just need the lenses, no solution. Monthly disposables.

Yes you can, I get them online and posted to France so for you it's even easier!! I can't remember the site at the moment because mum sorts it out for me.... Just type it into google!!!

EDIT ::::

http://getlenses.com/ Thats where I get them from, never had any problems, free delivery, good prices etc...

Edited by bikerdude2004uk

Wow. I'm paying £15 a month for mine. However i've got a shit load of fluid spare as i don't use my lens evey day. I should by 6th months and quit my current plan.

Do you think the fulid i have will do for all those on that site?

i use them and i have them sent every few months, saves hassle, ask at Spec savers or somewhere.

Yeh same i think its specsavers they send me a box with about 3 months worth in, always have spare even though i use them pretty much every day.

Save hassle but might be more expensive.

I'm also interested in this :) I have fairly high prescription glasses but never wear them cos i can't be bothered. It would be quite useful to have contacts for work etc though. Putting something in your eye seems pretty wierd/scary to me though :$

On that site linked above say, which ones would be the best to go for? Bearing in mind i have no experience on the matter. Are the monthly ones best? Is it worth going for expensive ones, is there a massive difference? I thought expensive cos it's not really something to f**k about with but the cheap ones may be just as good?

The majority of lenses are made in the same factories, for instance the specsavers brand ones are really made by a company called laum and bausch or bausch and laum or something like that, who make more expensive ones. By far the most comfortable ones I've used are the 30 day continuous wear ones, you just stick them in and leave them for a month and its like having fixed eyes.

You definately have to keep track of how long they've been in though. I always forget and end up having a single pair in constantly for upwards of 5 weeks at a time.

I'm also interested in this :) I have fairly high prescription glasses but never wear them cos i can't be bothered. It would be quite useful to have contacts for work etc though. Putting something in your eye seems pretty wierd/scary to me though :$

You'd get used to it quickly

The worst things about contacts are: If you suffer too hard a knock from certain angles, they can come out, and if you manage to get dust or sand between the lens and your eye.

The majority of lenses are made in the same factories, for instance the specsavers brand ones are really made by a company called laum and bausch or bausch and laum or something like that, who make more expensive ones. By far the most comfortable ones I've used are the 30 day continuous wear ones, you just stick them in and leave them for a month and its like having fixed eyes.

You definately have to keep track of how long they've been in though. I always forget and end up having a single pair in constantly for upwards of 5 weeks at a time.

orly? ive never known of permanent ones, well that ive actually looked into anyway. so you can sleep in them? and how much are they? or could you just stick a link up?

orly? ive never known of permanent ones, well that ive actually looked into anyway. so you can sleep in them? and how much are they? or could you just stick a link up?

My dad uses permanent ones. He always takes them out, but says that you could sleep in them if you wanted to.

Yep, i sleep in them. They're made of a softer material so they're more comfortable than dailies anway, and you just whack them in and forgot about them until the end of the month. Work out at £15 a pair from specsavers.

I've got monthly ones, when ever i sleep in them my eyes become dry and my vision is blurry, though odd times i'm fine. Most problem i have with contacts is them popping out whilst you're out. It's fricking annoying....

Yes you can, I get them online and posted to France so for you it's even easier!! I can't remember the site at the moment because mum sorts it out for me.... Just type it into google!!!

EDIT ::::

http://getlenses.com/ Thats where I get them from, never had any problems, free delivery, good prices etc...

That site seems good but they need a copy of your prescription, done within the last year... I haven't been to the optician in several years. But I found another site (www.contactlenses.co.uk) which don't seem so strict so I've ordered from there. They do seem very cheap :D

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Just a bump for the person who was talking about contact lenses in another thread - I got the lenses from that place ^^^ and they came within two days, I was very impressed! I got 6 months' worth of monthlies for £28, bargain! They seem fine and comfortable, I'm well pleased with them :)