My 07 Dob 20".

Alex-Mitchinson

Just been spec-checking and wondering why it's still so heavy, unless quotes weights on tarty/t-uk are so out, this should be a lot lighter. Using claimed weights I've built up a sub 8k '08 Dob, going to try work towards it over summer.

Depending how light you are check out KHE Flatland tubes, 84g each, 0.6mm wall thickness, available from pijin.co.uk, might be worth it for front wheel.

Just been spec-checking and wondering why it's still so heavy, unless quotes weights on tarty/t-uk are so out, this should be a lot lighter. Using claimed weights I've built up a sub 8k '08 Dob, going to try work towards it over summer.

Depending how light you are check out KHE Flatland tubes, 84g each, 0.6mm wall thickness, available from pijin.co.uk, might be worth it for front wheel.

I was thinking that, mine is 8.6kg now and the frame is about 350g heavier at least.

Just been spec-checking and wondering why it's still so heavy

Did you remember to add everything up? There's often a few bits you miss, that's all...

I've added up the bits on that bike that are heavier than mine and it comes to about 620g, so yeah, 8.6kg seems about right :) Light mod bike + good geo + dual disc = WIN!

Did you remember to add everything up? There's often a few bits you miss, that's all...

I've added up the bits on that bike that are heavier than mine and it comes to about 620g, so yeah, 8.6kg seems about right :) Light mod bike + good geo + dual disc = WIN!

I don't think I've forgotten anything... I've got

Frame, forks, bashring, BB, front brake, rear brake, snail cams, chain, cranks, grips, bars, headset, front hub, rear hub, pedals, quick release, rim tape, front rim, rear rim, front spokes, rear spokes, sprocket, stem, front tube, rear tube, front tyre, rear tyre.

Not sure what I might have missed other than nipples?

I have added up every part singally many a time, and also weighed my self and the bike about 5 times and took the average :P

I can save 500g's pretty easily by getting a Neon Ti bb and cranks, Rockman superlight rotors.

Other than that I'm not sure on how to save weight (possibly Dob forks), don't want to start modding stuff, drilling makes hardly any difference. Can't be bothered with Ti bolts and alloy spokes/nipples and all that shit.

So if I change the bb, cranks and rotors, it should weigh 8.1kg's. Oh and the chain is pretty heavy, but not sure if I want to risk getting a Monty one, saves 200g's though.

Any other light chains people can think of?

Could strip paint on everything :P then get it shot blasted and anodized, could maybe save that 100g and get it sub 8 :P

But lets be honest, most peoples bikes are 9+ anyway, I reckon getting a bike sub 9 is pretty decent, sub 8.5 is mad and sub 8 is insane.

I don't think I've forgotten anything... I've got

Frame, forks, bashring, BB, front brake, rear brake, snail cams, chain, cranks, grips, bars, headset, front hub, rear hub, pedals, quick release, rim tape, front rim, rear rim, front spokes, rear spokes, sprocket, stem, front tube, rear tube, front tyre, rear tyre.

Not sure what I might have missed other than nipples?

Headset spacers :P