My 07 Dob 20".

Alex-Mitchinson

Got loads of new stuff over the last few months, going to dual disk has taken a while and cracking my frame was a bit of a set back, but got that welded so all is good now.

Weighs in at 8.6kg's. Quite happy with that, but would like to get it a bit lower. Got a car to pay for but after that I should be getting some new cranks and an isis bb (finally).

Getting a rear disk is probably the best thing I've ever done, worked better then any magura set up ever as soon as I put it on. Only thing which is slightly annoying is not being able to position each pad like I can on my BB7. Seems to be running nicely now though.

Spec:

07 Dob magnesium frame

Koxx forxx

Avid bb7 with XTR lever front brake

Hope mono trial rear brake

Try-all freewheel

Rear Neon rim with Neon hub

Front Dob rim with Neon hub

Sellotape for rimtape.

Try-all front tyre (side tread removed)

Maxxis Creepy Crawler rear tyre (side tread removed)

Try-all Rage bars

Echo team stem

Wellgo MG-1 pedals (one side of pins removed)

Cane Creek headset

Echo/vp bb

Echo 6061 cranks

KMC kool chain

Try-all foam grips

post-12927-1212847298_thumb.jpg

post-12927-1212847339_thumb.jpg

post-12927-1212847386_thumb.jpg

If your not going back to rear magura, you could get rid of your mounts that would save a bit of weight.

It does remind me a lot like a Monty Kamel without the hump.

I reckon doing that and changing your cranks and BB like you said would get that below 8kg.

I'd have a look at the Neon CNC cranks, I only saw them today they are like 300g something and only £60.

Edited by Fugley

could make it light though? try all cranks? zhi or tryall stem or even monty? echo vp bb though :S good luck with your ankles :P

does look unbelievable nice, although i don't think i could cope with something so short!

Already planned what cranks and bb to get: Neon titanium bb, 220g's! Neon cranks 360g's!

That is the lightest set up you can get I think, but like I said in the first post.... I have a car to pay for :(

Can't save much weight on stems, spose I could get a lighter chain but after that I'm stuck (and out of cash).

nice bike lol but cutting the sidewall tread of it is pretty sad to say the least plus taking pins out of the pedal that made me laugh xxx ^_^

Nick

Loadsa people cut the side tread off, it saves over 100g's and you loose no grip.

Yeh I haven't actually removed the pins on purpose, they fell out over time, just wanted to say it.

Loadsa people cut the side tread off, it saves over 100g's and you loose some grip.

Yeh I have actually removed the pins on purpose, they didn't fall out over time, just wanted to say it cos i'm proud to be an extreme weight weenie.

^_^ cya soon alex