Worlds Shortest Stock

Adrian

The Supa tyres are different to the new ones. The new ones are harder compound and thicker sidewalls meaning less bounce.

I compared the set the other day (We have a set of brand new 20" Supa tyres here:P with the white lines)

Yeah got the Supas at home as well but Deng says they're identical. Dunno how true that is.

the older ones aren't, unfortunately most of us quit (although i'm starting up again, as are a few others)

i think most trials riders are tards, theres only a limited few i actually like :( bring back the good times

I miss the good old times of when we would just sit there and say F**k off scott your to bloody good for 15 years old

and margie with his seven cracks in his planet x frame and still going strong today lol.

Biddle

My 2p...

My old zoo boa was light 1.8kg and was one of the old expensive deng frames, built up into a 23lb bike and it rocked - the whole sum of the cnc machining was absolutely nothing :)

It cracked on the chainstay after 2 years of easy riding as I was still learning.

My old hifi was 2.2kg - 400g heavier :o

The quality of manufacture between the boa and the hifi is noticeable, the zoo is much neater and better constructed, the echo is sloppy in comparison (the triton is 200% better than either ;) )

Im pleased to say that I have now managed to remove all deng parts from my bike :D

Regarding the monty frames - the older design is in theory both stronger and stiffer than the kamel, triangulation = strength. Sure you might loose some standover height but for a comp bike extreme tuckage ability isnt really a prime concern.

As you were :)

Regarding the monty frames - the older design is in theory both stronger and stiffer than the kamel, triangulation = strength. Sure you might loose some standover height but for a comp bike extreme tuckage ability isnt really a prime concern.

That's what i was going to point out. I think that the larger triangle equals a stronger frame, obviously depends on allot of different factors though. I reckon the reason for not lowering the top tube before was due to them having the shock absorbing shape. Which it now seems they managed to use the head tube to absorb some of the stress therefore allows them to lower the top tube now. But that's me going by what i can see.

This thread though is pretty standard for trials-forum now. It does make a good read for laughs.

FACT, Deng makes some good stuff. But the thing being there are so many other things that let the company/ business down. One example being the Echo 116mm Fixed hub. Replaceable cogs with a lockring, genius! Yeah it's far from a new idea but it's works best for what i need. Also the bearings aren't that bad, i've seen worse anyway.

I also don't think i can add anything to the thread but argue so i'll stop here, until someone quotes me. >_<

instead of koxx cheese or monty cheese

if you want to see how weak there frames are, all chip in and buy me one

i gurantee i can crack what eva it is in a month or less

and im not even a big rider

but not a hydrox because they used really expensive hydroforming in the down tube so i wont be able to crack it at the stays or bb rofl

I would love to see you try to crack a koxx frame. You've probably never owned a monty or koxx...I'd LOVE to have a hydroxx...James' rides so nicely.

That being said, why do people care so much about frames being so strong? I think it matters more HOW the bike rides (geo and weight) than strength. I'm not a very hard rider, but I'm on my 3rd frame now, and I haven't cracked a trials frame yet. I'd assume most people replace their frames before they snap anyway...