Glasgow/edinburgh 29th And 30th Of August

Hey,

Anyone up for a Glasgow ride on Saturday 30th of Aug? Myself and a mate are flying over from Ireland with the bikes. We will also probably ride Edinburgh Sunday afternoon the 31st of August. If anyone is interested, post below! Cheers,

Steve

Edited by I-LikeMatchesDerFun

Hey,

I'm thinking of organising a ride in Edinburgh the end of August. I'm not from there (have been before) so I'd need a guide to the best riding spots! :D Are there many local riders or riders who would be willing to travel? Myself and a mate were thinking we'd fly over and bring our bikes. I'm looking at flights at the moment as Ryanair are doing deals to both Glasgow Prestwick and Edinburgh. Just wondering what time in the week would suit people? The cheapest weekend flight I could find is from 30/08- 2/09. If anyone is free that weekend let me know asap! Cheers,

Steve

Hey, I live in Edinburgh, alomg with a few other riders, I just moved here so Im not sure on on the hot spots, but Im sure Danny Mac, would show you the best riding spots. But from what I hear Glasgow is probs better to ride, it has tons to offer.

Johny!

Glasgow is well better mate! I'm sure we can organise a big ride for whatever weekend really, can get the Edinburgh crew through as well so it can normally be a good turn out...

Plus you're welcome to crash at mines if you want, got the space and I'm only a 10 minute cycle from the centre of town.

Hey, I live in Edinburgh, alomg with a few other riders, I just moved here so Im not sure on on the hot spots, but Im sure Danny Mac, would show you the best riding spots. But from what I hear Glasgow is probs better to ride, it has tons to offer.

Johny!

Hey Johny,

I have a cousin in Edinburgh so would be crashing with him. Are you around evenings weekdays in Edinburgh to ride? Maybe Mon eve (the 1st of Sept?)

Steve

Glasgow is well better mate! I'm sure we can organise a big ride for whatever weekend really, can get the Edinburgh crew through as well so it can normally be a good turn out...

Plus you're welcome to crash at mines if you want, got the space and I'm only a 10 minute cycle from the centre of town.

Cheers Rob! That would be awesome! :D I'll keep in touch about that! Might squeeze in a Sunday ride in Glasgow and maybe an Edinburgh ride Mon evening. Must get onto my cousin in Edinburgh and my mate that might be coming with me.

Steve

Cheers Rob! That would be awesome! :D I'll keep in touch about that! Might squeeze in a Sunday ride in Glasgow and maybe an Edinburgh ride Mon evening. Must get onto my cousin in Edinburgh and my mate that might be coming with me.

Steve

Cool, well keep me posted with your movements and we can get it all sorted then (Y).

Cool, Id be up for a ride. Just got a flat i the centre of edinburgh + would be good to get out with people better than me! Not ridden the crntre yet personally but a few good looking spots would be; bristo square, around waverly station, theres a few good bits down leith way (if your willing to cycle a bit :D),and eh. . . yeah theres more to offer in glasgow though!

Hope this helps a little.

Chappie

Cool, Id be up for a ride. Just got a flat i the centre of edinburgh + would be good to get out with people better than me! Not ridden the crntre yet personally but a few good looking spots would be; bristo square, around waverly station, theres a few good bits down leith way (if your willing to cycle a bit :D),and eh. . . yeah theres more to offer in glasgow though!

Chappie

Cool. I'll keep you posted on it. I'm pretty shite so I'm also hoping to learn some stuff on the ride! :D

Steve

Chappie

Hey dude, where abouts you living?

I need to get out on my bike more, and need some to ride with!

Johny!

Hey Johny,

I have a cousin in Edinburgh so would be crashing with him. Are you around evenings weekdays in Edinburgh to ride? Maybe Mon eve (the 1st of Sept?)

Steve

Im around most of the time.

I dunno if I will be free then, could be working somewhere, but Im more than Likly to be free!

Johny!

Edited by JohnyTrials

Hey dude, where abouts you living?

I need to get out on my bike more, and need some to ride with!

Johny!

Well ive been up at heriot watt all year, so ive not been able to get down to town with bike much. But just got a new flat on Spittal Street (just of lothian road, foot of castle). Someone to ride with would be sweet! Where abouts do u live? Ive been meaning to go for a ride with rumplestiltskin on here for ages too!

Sorry to hijack the thread btw!

Chappie

Well ive been up at heriot watt all year, so ive not been able to get down to town with bike much. But just got a new flat on Spittal Street (just of lothian road, foot of castle). Someone to ride with would be sweet! Where abouts do u live? Ive been meaning to go for a ride with rumplestiltskin on here for ages too!

Sorry to hijack the thread btw!

Chappie

Cool, I live in Colinton, but looking for a new flat near the centre of town. Here take my number 07891016779, give me a call when you go out, also add me to MSN, hey_copper@hotmail.com, just so we stop hijacking the thread.

Johny!

Cool, I live in Colinton, but looking for a new flat near the centre of town. Here take my number 07891016779, give me a call when you go out, also add me to MSN, hey_copper@hotmail.com, just so we stop hijacking the thread.

Johny!

Cool man! Well my number is 07927037736, but im away home for the summer as of tomorrow (final exam!) but i will definatly be down with my bike at the end of august /start of september!

Chap

Right guys, my buddy said he's going to come as well so all we need to do is to book flights. The dates we are currently looking at are Friday August 29th- Tues 2nd of September. So if Rob still has space on his floor then we'll stay in Glasgow friday night, ride Glasgow Saturday. Saturday evening we'll be getting the train to Edinburgh and maybe out in Edinburgh Saturday night (also happening to catch the end of the Edinburgh festival! :D) and ride Edinburgh on Sunday. Once flights are booked in the next few day I'll post up the schedule and we can get about rounding up troops! :D Cheers lads,

Steve

Cool man! Well my number is 07927037736, but im away home for the summer as of tomorrow (final exam!) but i will definatly be down with my bike at the end of august /start of september!

Chap

You live in the Black Isle? Come ride Inverness once you're home! I'll drag myself and my bike out haha.

Back on topic: I've been wanting to ride Glasgow for agess, so I'll try make it down, it's a fair trip from Ness though so I'll see!

That sounds like a good weekend! Just hope I can afford a new bike frame by then :( if not I will be gutted! Glasgow Boozy night sounds AWESOME for all you Glasgow loons!

Yeah you can get drunk as well this time as opposed to just me and my pal :) Was a pretty rough night, ended pretty well though! ;) You camping down here as well sir?

I'm sure i'll be around as ever.

Johnny. Give us a shout if you want to ride. Havn't been out on the bike in ages. Are you still living miles away?

Ok, I shall do...Im not riding much at the moment..due to some Hub issues, so will give u a shout when its sorted...

and yes I still live miles away...looking for a new flat though...(Y)

Right lads, I just booked the flights. :)

Flying to Glasgow Prestwick on Friday 29th of August. Staying in Glasgow Friday night if Rob will still have us (thank you kindly sir!). Maybe go out on the town Friday night. Ride Glasgow Saturday. Saturday evening me and my mate will head to Edinburgh. Boozy night in Edinburgh for the end of the Edinburgh festival! :) And ride Edinburgh on Sunday. We then will hang around Edinburgh until Tuesday. Flying home midday Tuesday the 2nd of September from Glasgow Prestwich. How does that sound?

Cheers,

Steve

Right lads, I just booked the flights. :)

Flying to Glasgow Prestwick on Friday 29th of August. Staying in Glasgow Friday night if Rob will still have us (thank you kindly sir!). Maybe go out on the town Friday night. Ride Glasgow Saturday. Saturday evening me and my mate will head to Edinburgh. Boozy night in Edinburgh for the end of the Edinburgh festival! :) And ride Edinburgh on Sunday. We then will hang around Edinburgh until Tuesday. Flying home midday Tuesday the 2nd of September from Glasgow Prestwich. How does that sound?

Cheers,

Steve

Plan.