Working Out To Improve Trials?

Samtrials

Hi guys,

I go to the gym now and realized that if i am there i my aswell do my workouts focusing on muscles that will improve my riding. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do while at the gym to do so. Pulling more than pushing? Any ideas?

Thanks- Sam

Hi guys,

I go to the gym now and realized that if i am there i my aswell do my workouts focusing on muscles that will improve my riding. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do while at the gym to do so. Pulling more than pushing? Any ideas?

Thanks- Sam

Well if you think about it you could work on muscles in your arms, chest and legs which may be beneficial to your riding, but bearing in mind working out often results in gaining weight which may have an adverse effect? In my opinion the best way to get good at riding is to ride :) .

Personally i would just say to do a general all round workout :).

I would say a CV workout would be more beneficial than weights etc.

CV workouts help with stamina which you need when riding, especially on rides when you are constantly changing spots.

It will also reduce the amount of fat in your body, as long as you eat a balanced diet aswell.

Hope this helps.

Sam :D

hi, when i had no power to do tricks gaps what so ever i focussed on my back muscles,chest

mainly upper body strength. I'm not muscly now but by doing weights i feel that i can keep

my bike in control and in the air whilst doing side hops, gaps etc...

weight training may not make you better at riding but it will give you that little extra

boost of power, if you know what i mean? basically helps with stamina, control etc...

hope this helped mate!

cheers, jake.

Plyometrics for building up your fast twitch muscles...

I used to do it for basketball - improving jump height, but its a lot of hard work!

The results are only gradual, and will be lost easily unless u stick to a training regime.

This may (probably will) end up taking the fun out of it though!

I would suggest just keeping fit the usual ways you would, such as practice on ur bike

(unless you want to ride trials professionally)

You maybe looking to do this for rapid improvement,

but improvement comes with practice and better technique anyway, so just try to be patient

Good luck (Y)

p.s. To others: if you disagree, expain rather than insult. Thanks.

lol that should be in my signature.

My brother has recently been doing some light weights work to help improve his riding. He reckons it is helping improve his power and strength on the bike and felt the benefits fairly quickly.

He is already a very proficient rider who competes in the top Pro class in Australian comps so I think it would be fair to say that practicing technique comes first and then strength training second.

I was reading an article in MBUK and it was showing the pros and cons of working out, i cant remember what they all were but i know that it said muscle is a natural body armour but if you have too much muscle it starts to get stiff which in turn affects your manouverability on your bike. you should be ok if you don't go O.T.T.

Hope i helped.

Dan

Edited by stock__bhoy