Pedals, Bit Of Adviced Would Be Good

basher

I could search as ino topics like this have been asked but the answer won't be there.

Im coeming up to needing some new ones soon. Lately ive been using caged pedals as there cheap and grippy but do go blunt and bent. I changed to them because im fed up of pins ripping out of platform pedals, every ride you would rip another one out. Now im getting fed up of having to buy new caged ones every few months.

Does anyone no off any platform pedals that are decent with good grip and im not going to loose pins all the time. or should i just stick to caged.

I think (hope) a lot of people would agree that for the money : quality ratio, DMR V8s pretty much take a dump on most others. I had mine for about two years, and obviously a few pins went, but not enough to affect their grip, and the grease port on them is pretty handy too.

I had DMR V8s, they are so strong. I seem to remember I smashed one of the pins off, and it didn't rip the threads out of the body or anything, it just got bent and mashed.

Don't get Wellago MG-1s, I have them now, and they are very light and the grip is great, but they aren't the hardiest pedals in the world.

I use dmr v8's and there the best pedals i have used i did run cages but after bending them and loosing the bolts all the time i gave up on them.

Also if you buy a set of v8's new you may get some spare pins, my mate did with his gusset slim jims so dmr may possibly do the same but surely you could just loctite the pins in or something to stop losing them if they were to fall out?

Have a look round some BMX shops. You can get platform pedals with studs mouled into them, so theres no hasstle with pins coming out. I run them on my BMX and they are awesome.

Thanks mate, been looking for something like that on chainreaction but not found anything

When the pin rips out, try drilling the hole straight through and tapping it bigger, then you get a deeper, wider, stronger thread. Then just stick a bolt through it.

You might want to do some filing though, bigger studs can get caught in your shoes easier I find.

I used the vp one pedals today. The pins dont rip out, they have good grip, quite light and are smooth. I can't think of anything more you can ask for. I would recommend them for your troubles.

Defo mate. VP's ***. I had v8's once but ripped the pins out :(

I could search as ino topics like this have been asked but the answer won't be there.

Im coeming up to needing some new ones soon. Lately ive been using caged pedals as there cheap and grippy but do go blunt and bent. I changed to them because im fed up of pins ripping out of platform pedals, every ride you would rip another one out. Now im getting fed up of having to buy new caged ones every few months.

Does anyone no off any platform pedals that are decent with good grip and im not going to loose pins all the time. or should i just stick to caged.

gusser slim jim pedals i use my bike every day rain or shine for 2 years and i havent lost a pin so far but if u do lose a few you get about 20 spear and you can also ofder more if you should ever need some + the bearings are amazing my pedals dont creek or have any play at all.