20"? Or 24" Or 26"?

layzee_git

right, my problem is i dunno what sort of bike to go for, ive always been into dirt jumping, (24" mtb) then i crossed the line and went to bmx, which is obviously 20" and started to get not too shabby, sort of grew out of it, before all this i used to be constantly on my 26" mtb, like at all times lol, so im used to all sizes of bike!

anyways, i decided to give trials a go last year, bought myself a megamo expert 20", but a work commitment forced me to sell my bike, ive been talking to a friend of mine who thinks a bigger bike is much easier to learn on (im not going to argue as he is pretty good!)

all im asking is youre opinion, which size should i go for, (is easier to learn on) but do bare in mind that im 6ft tall, and that im a gym addict, (weight varies constantly) was at 225lbs when on my megamo, now at 180!!

many thanks

Tobi

never riden a 24 so don't know what there like.

20 you lower to the ground so less distence to fall from. i find 20inchers you can be more accurate with you riding.

i'm bout 6foot1ish 12stone and pulled my back out riding 20inch. but they diddn't have long wheel base mods back then.

I own a stock and there more effort to ride but yes easier to learn on but moves are easier to do moves on.

i reckon 1060-1070 stock would prob be best if you want a bike that you can though around.

Hi mate,

Trying to choose the right wheel size is tough ,to me 20" is easyer to hop ,but 26" is better to ride a section with little or no hopping. 24" is not to hard to hop but also has a good ability to ride. in conclusion:

competition riding:above blue - 20"

Blue-24"

Below blue-26"

street :20"

Hope you find the right bike for you.

best of luck!

Jack.

20" is probably easiest to learn on, 24s i just dont like , its personal preference

WFT :S 24inch is the most fun! :lol:

What's wrong with 24 there most likey the best size for all size's apart from really tall//big peps would need 26.

I have always rode 24inch, there light, flickable can spin loads better, small but not to small, great for street and park, trials of course. I've now got a Inspired Fourplay

which is 24 and have said in many post it's bloody great!! Much more fun to ride and learn on, but thats just my option :-

Try a 24inch before you buy a bike dude (Y)

What's wrong with 24 there most likey the best size for all size's apart from really tall//big peps would need 26.

I have always rode 24inch, there light, flickable can spin loads better, small but not to small, great for street and park, trials of course. I've now got a Inspired Fourplay

which is 24 and have said in many post it's bloody great!! Much more fun to ride and learn on, but thats just my option :-

no

i think 24" is unappreciated until you have learnt to ride trials well, then you can start to mix styles and use it as something fresh for when yuo get bored with trials

right, my problem is i dunno what sort of bike to go for, ive always been into dirt jumping, (24" B) then i crossed the line and went to bmx, which is obviously 20" and started to get not too shabby, sort of grew out of it, before all this i used to be constantly on my 26" mtb, like at all times lol, so im used to all sizes of bike!

anyways, i decided to give trials a go last year, bought myself a megamo expert 20", but a work commitment forced me to sell my bike, ive been talking to a friend of mine who thinks a bigger bike is much easier to learn on (im not going to argue as he is pretty good!)

all im asking is youre opinion, which size should i go for, (is easier to learn on) but do bare in mind that im 6ft tall, and that im a gym addict, (weight varies constantly) was at 225lbs when on my megamo, now at 180!!

many thanks

Tobi

hello mate, im riding with 20'' and its bloody lush its easier to learn and I recond you will like it.

jjbarrett:)

thats your opinion which is why i said Its personal preference

right, my problem is i dunno what sort of bike to go for, ive always been into dirt jumping, (24" mtb) then i crossed the line and went to bmx, which is obviously 20" and started to get not too shabby, sort of grew out of it, before all this i used to be constantly on my 26" mtb, like at all times lol, so im used to all sizes of bike!

many thanks

Tobi

Hello mate,

I've been riding a 26'' and i think Its so much easier than riding a 20'',

All of my mates ride 20'',

But 26'' is far much better,

Mike :)

I ride a long stock, its got an 1100 wb so they don't come much bigger. I also ride a mod with a 1030 wb, they are both good for different stuff. I'm 5'10" ish and 165lbs.

It's purely down to personal preference, I started on mod and just got a stock the other day, they are completely different from each other haha.

See if you can ride a mod and a stock and then you'll be able to make your own mind up.