Brake Levers

SkiLLz

I want to start doing bigger static and rolling gaps but I find that when I lower the front end ready to kick (from static) I concentrate too much on what I'm doing with the brake lever. Is it best to have the brake lever so it almost touches the bars or so it hardly pulls in? At the moment I have it coming about half way in but it's a bit difficult. I don't know if this is due to the fact that I don't gap very often or lever position. Please advise me on this one.

It's ALL down to personal preference. I like mine so it pulls in quite far, but some others like them to only pull in a little bit!

Quoted for truth.

Also - if you can't decide where you like it (hahaha) - bear in mind you can rotate the lever 'round the bar, aswell.

Having it in a different position with the same ammount of pull, can completely change the feel of it.

While I'm on the braking topic I'm ordering some brakes in the next hour or so but now I don't know which ones to go for. It's either Plazmatic CRM, Rock Pads (Green) or Zoo pads from TartyBikes. Any suggestions?

none of them, with winter comming go for something that suits a brutal grind, koxx bloxx browns.

Would they be fine with a smooth rim?

No, just no :P

But then again, only the Rock Greens would of worked on a standard smooth rim!

Zoo's suck without tar, and CRM's need a light grind (Y)

For a smooth rim - I recomend Atomz pads, they were just awsome when I last had a maggie (around easter).

The whole idea is when it rains smooth rim/pad set-ups will not work!! But a medium - harsh grind with the appropiate pad will still work in the wet ;) Get it now?

go for something that suits a brutal grind
Would they be fine with a smooth rim?

:huh:

Yeah only thing is i really don't want to grind my rim if i can get my brake to work just as well.

You can't.

Not in the wet.

...Well - maybe you could - but it'd take a one in a million setup.

That's what I'm talking about - your brake wont work NEARLY so well in the rain - and if you want to ride through the winter, you'd better be bothered about it.

Why wait for a new rim, to grind?

If your current one's f**ked - than all the better, incase you cack up on the grind.

If i get koxx bloxx browns would they work ok on a smooth rim till i can get a grinder?

Word is, koxx bloxx are good on grinds.

However, if you're using magura standard blacks, koxx bloxx will be an improvement.

Or you could get the plazmatic crm pads, they work on smooth and ground rims.

hmm I don't really wanna grind till i get a new rim as i said before though cus i ride nearly everyday so my rim wont last as long

plus none of us lot ride the rain anyway so what about green rock pads?

Edited by SkiLLz