Why Are Chris King So Well Graded

Boon132

Most hubs have very few engagements either 32, 36 or 38. King hubs have 72 which means the pick up of the hub is very fine. So instead of kicking forward with your cranks to find the bitr of the hub, with a king its usualy always there as soon as you kick.

Most other hubs are run with pawls and springs, whether it be normal compresion springs or leaf springs. This means there may be 3 or 4 engagement points for all the stress to put through but king hubs work differerent.

The engagement points all mesh together in the king at the one time thus creating, instead of 3 or 4 points of engaement, 72 points to dissipate the stress.

Well I paid for my kings in the states so I paid just as much as a hope would over here so I dont think they are that expensive.

There worth it man.

Most hubs have very few engagements either 32, 36 or 38. King hubs have 72 which means the pick up of the hub is very fine. So instead of kicking forward with your cranks to find the bitr of the hub, with a king its usualy always there as soon as you kick.

Most other hubs are run with pawls and springs, whether it be normal compresion springs or leaf springs. This means there may be 3 or 4 engagement points for all the stress to put through but king hubs work differerent.

The engagement points all mesh together in the king at the one time thus creating, instead of 3 or 4 points of engaement, 72 points to dissipate the stress.

Well I paid for my kings in the states so I paid just as much as a hope would over here so I dont think they are that expensive.

There worth it man.

spot on, as for the price..... well you get what you pay for!

their slightly better than the hopes but round double the price, but the spec's speak for themselves.

I'm thinking of getting one for my new bike

Question:

because the king is a free hub what kind of front hub would i need

also would i have to run a fixed sprocket on the front

Cheers

You can run any front hub you want, obvioulsy if your running a disc you need a disc hub and yes you'll have to run a fixed sprocket at the front

(Y)

Why is there such a huge price difference?

Hope = £120ish, King(UK) = £370ish,

King(US) = £120ish?

Do we really pay £250 import duty or something?

Why is there such a huge price difference?

Hope = £120ish, King(UK) = £370ish,

King(US) = £120ish?

Do we really pay £250 import duty or something?

It's your pounds man. Your pounds are worth more making what you have more money. Over here, everything is about the same price in dollars as it is over there in pounds. Still pretty darn expensive though. Our dollars have been on the downfall for a long time.

Edited by J Trials 31