New Notebook

Walleee

I'm looking at the Asus EEE Pc and the Acer aspire one, Im assuming that if I get a linux version of either i'll be able to install windows of some sort, either 2000 or XP, if I don't get along with linux.

Looking at the EEE PC on Dabs I can get one with 1GB RAM, 16GB harddrive space, and the 8.9" screen, for £210. I think this is pretty decent but thought i'd throw it out there for some of you who are more in touch with this sort of thing right now, I've not got the internet at home and only get on in uni so can't really research it enough.

Can anyone suggest anywhere I can get something similar for the same amount of money or less? I will still have my Dell laptop at home but it's starting to get a bit wrecked so don't want to be carting it to and from uni everyday, it's also pretty heavy so a dinky thing would be ideal.

I want something with a small screen, I think 8.9" is as small as I want to go, don't need a huge harddrive as i'll be using an external but think that 1GB of ram is as little as I want as I may make the move to windows.

So yeh, Krisboats, jon mack etc, I'm hoping you guys have something to say!

went to curry's and played around with them both, then swiftly left and went to a local shop and bought the eee pc, only problem is now I can't access the uni's wireless network as they don't support linux, I know it's do-able, but just don't know how!

don't suppose anyone could make any suggestions??? I've already sent them an e-mail bitching about it!

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/ics/services/wireless/