New Place To Play!

Jitters

Hello

Was wandering around the outskirts of my town the other day and finally came across a nice place to play around on the mod. Not much in the way of urban stuff in my small town, as it's out in the country (South Carolina, USA) so I'm pretty excited about graduating from my fun boxes and home made stuff in the driveway.

Pardon the not great pics - I found them online. I'll bring my camera as soon as I get the bike out there - hopefully tomorrow a.m.

post-18816-1223405454_thumb.jpg

Tell you what, if you're trying a gap an there's water underneath you it makes you try harder.

Ha, I bet it would! :lol:

It is really nice down there with the waterfall and all. That old bridge is blocked off to traffic so it's nice and quiet - except for the sounds of rim brakes in the future, hehe) There is a little covered picnic table nearby too, which is nice for hanging out. I'll grab some nicer pics when I make my way out there.

First picture just makes me want to get the bikes out and spend all day out. Looks like a great place to ride

Yeah, you can't really see it in the top pic, but the rocky sections follow the little river for about half a mile on both sides. I crawled around there for a few hours just exploring. there is an old burned out textile mill that has some great architecture for riding on, but it is temporarily fenced off.

It's a short 6km trip to get there by road, but really is quite a find! Too bad it's raining like mad today. Oh well. I'll roll out there as soon as it dries up a bit.

And it would be a great spot for post ride BBQ and a frosty beer or two!

Hello,

Here are some official snaps from this morning's adventure. I realize how natural stuff makes me feel like I am starting all over, so I hope no one ever wanders along while I'm out there learning. It was a top-notch day weather wise for sure, so even if I totally suck at riding on this stuff, my time is not being wasted and I look forward to going out here as often as I can. Enjoy the photos!

post-18816-1223912987_thumb.jpg

post-18816-1223912996_thumb.jpg

post-18816-1223913005_thumb.jpg

post-18816-1223913017_thumb.jpg

post-18816-1223913026_thumb.jpg

post-18816-1223913033_thumb.jpg

Looks rather cool..... Theres no interesting geology where I live (Redditch Midlands), at least that I know about... well actually it is quite interesting, but thats only because I know how it was formed as I did a degree about rocks. But I digress.