Blind Guy Video.

Gilman

I ride with Matt and when I tell people his story they always think he just rides up curbs at the most. He's a better rider than me most of the time.

When we go from spot to spot he puts his hand on someones shoulder and walks. We have to point out curbs to him. It's still amazing to me how he can do this stuff. Most sighted riders struggle to be as good as him at trials.

feck

respect for your determination... you have a strong mind

the video was nice

but how do you do to read and write on a forum? you have a special screen?

I have a talking software on my computer. I also have a large monitor that I can zoom in so that text is the size of your head. I use the voice feature the most though.

That was incredible. It's hard to believe you're blind watching that video. On natural you seem to make use of the shape of the obstacles as if you could see them. Or is this something you memorize before getting on your bike?

Big respect man, doing what you love despite the difficulties. It's great to have people like you riding our sport. I shall go out tomorrow and try to ride blindfolded just to see how difficult it is.

I wish that I could see the shapes of rocks. Basically on natural it's like looking at the pavement while lying on your stomach. Meaning all I see is one color, no difference. It sucks.

I have to walk things so many times to learn those short lines in the video.

It's really going to suck this weekend as I am doing a comp, natural at that. We will see how it goes....

Your are THE man.

What sort of level were you at before you started to loose your vision?

It's funny. I am just about at the same level as I once was. This year I have been really pushing myself to get back to my old level. There are still things that I can't do, things that scare the sh*t out of me.

I am working on it though.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.

I hope you all enjoyed the video.

I added a U Tube link to the top of the thread, for people that like that sort of thing.

Massive respect dude, keep it up (Y) When i initally read the title, i thought of this vid would be some tasteless piss take, esspecially at the beginning of the vid where the rider walks up to his bike. it just looked like cheesy acting pretending to be blind. i couldn't have been more wrong.

to think i complain about riding and im only short sighted i have huge respect for you and i hope that this brings you everything you deserve the amount of pain you must have gone through and carried on leaves me in awe i truly respect you man very very well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt competed in Sport class at the Belle Isl :bow: e comp in Richmand VA a few weeks ago and set a goal to complete an entire comp and complete at leas one section without a five.

Results.....

Sport:

1. Chris Slydel - 13 - 4 cleans

2. Angie Maynard - 36 - 1 clean

3. Hinmaton Hisler - 40

4. David A. - 42

5. Jim V. - 52

6. Matt Gillman - 58

Good job Matt keep it up.