Does A Zhi Z2 Need A Booster?

NVWOCI WVS

I just bought a new frame and thought I'd ask a few opinions...

I'm going to be running an hs33 on the back, but the frame doesn't look too beefy (see picture). I prefer the way a brake feels without a booster, but if it's going to mean too much flex on the seatstays it would probably be worth running one to improve the life of the frame?

post-13468-1224368586_thumb.jpg

I just bought a new frame and thought I'd ask a few opinions...

I'm going to be running an hs33 on the back, but the frame doesn't look too beefy (see picture). I prefer the way a brake feels without a booster, but if it's going to mean too much flex on the seatstays it would probably be worth running one to improve the life of the frame?

Nice looking frame, hasn't got an intergrated booster so maybe a 2 bolt booster would be nice?

I'd always want to use a booster, even if just to save the frame from ever cracking at the mounts. Just means one place less to worry about!

But then again, if I'm going to use a booster, may as well use the best and stiffest that'll do its job best? I don't really approve of 2-bolt boosters at all. Just get a super-stiff 4-bolt one, which has a more secure attachment to the brake mounts incase someone is to sit on the booster or step on it. Heatsink or Echo Control booster'd be good.

4-bolt all the way,

2-bolt seems a bit pointless to me as there will be more flex lower down the stay so y put a booster just on the top two bolts when that is closer to the join of the top tube.

will definitely need something though.

Regards

A little bit of flex is good to have as I have just found with my braking set-up.

I found that recently on my bike, I've had to compromise between; having a booster but crap brake performance, or no booster and good brakes.

My Echo still managed to flex a tiny bit with a 2-bolt booster, but as I said the brake worked pants, took it off and it works mega, flexes alot but feels fine at the lever, I've had the frame for a year now so I'm just going to let it flex away.