It's Time For A New Rear Hub, Any Recommendations?

EVMK

Hi Everyone!

Right, i have just brought myself a new rear 26"echo rim and now need a new rear Fixed hub (135mm Spacing).

I'm running an echo fixed 08 single speed at the moment on my current rim but i don't want to go with the same hub this time so i thought i would ask if anyone has any recommendation for what to go for?

I have only been riding a few months so it needs to be able to take abit of abuse!

Thanks for any help!

What about a DMR revolver hub?

I am running one now built onto an echo rim and it is one sturdy wheel imo. The bearings are also super smooth!

I put a monty freewheel on it but it can easily take a locked sprocket aswell (Y)

Oh and they are cheap at £45 (Y)

Thanks for the advice!

I do like the look of the Echo hub and if i had the money i would buy a Chris King but not this month lol

I hadn't noticed the DMR hub on Tartys website before, its look like quite a good hub so it looks like i may have to get the Echo and the DMR hub and make my choice when ive had alittle feel of each!

This will be an expensive month as im thinking a new set of white try-all tyres too! :shifty:

anyone tried these tyres?

I ran a DMR Revolver a while ago and couldn't find any thing wrong with it and its not a bank breaking bit of kit. I've found with some Echo parts the bearings fail quite quickly and know other people have had the same problems I am not sure if this is the case with these hubs though.

The Echo SL hub does look pretty it must be said...well pretty in a CNC over the top sort of way :P.

As for the king I would wait until you have been riding a little longer and would keep it in good running order.

Edited by bendy