Vee Or Magura

pizzapie..

evening everyone,

You all okay?

any way,i was thinking of building my old zona zip as my gu le 08 mod was stolen

on the zona should i go back magura or vee brake

my magura is old style lever

braided hose

braided cross over

zoo booster

echo clamps

pads,well i dont ave any atm but could i have some segestions on what pads to run

my vee brake avid sd5 lever

avid sd5 arms

adapters onza 4 bolt (not got them yet)

plaz pads (not got them yet)

outland vee booster

slik cable

thanks liam

i would have to say maggie due to the fact of reliable performance and u know it will hold

(if set up properly) as for pads its all down to what u want from them performance or to last as its very hard to get both i pesonly will go performance every time i would be happier knowing my brake is gonna hold when i need it to rather than worry abought it slipping

i would have to say maggie due to the fact of reliable performance and u know it will hold

(if set up properly) as for pads its all down to what u want from them performance or to last as its very hard to get both i pesonly will go performance every time i would be happier knowing my brake is gonna hold when i need it to rather than worry abought it slipping

Koxx browns last for years and will give you a beasty brake...

And vee's are more powerfull.

Completely wrong, Vees have better modulation, FACT!

As for force, i bet my vee holds better than your maggie.

I also thought!

But, when I purchased maggie I changed my opinion...

Braking also depends on вrake pads!

because this is the vexed question.

other problem with vees or cable operated brakes which no one has yet said about cables always stretch so u will be adjusting leaver pull all the time and what happens when that trusty stel cable that u depend on soo much snaps when u need it most i have snapped front cables before and the end results not good lol i would go hydro all the time its harder to pop a hydro than it is to snap a cable and most hydro brakes will run for years without bleeding unlike vees where u will be replacing cables more than changing ur socks

other problem with vees or cable operated brakes which no one has yet said about cables always stretch so u will be adjusting leaver pull all the time and what happens when that trusty stel cable that u depend on soo much snaps when u need it most i have snapped front cables before and the end results not good lol i would go hydro all the time its harder to pop a hydro than it is to snap a cable and most hydro brakes will run for years without bleeding unlike vees where u will be replacing cables more than changing ur socks

I have never ever snapped a cable. Because I always used decent cables.

I also found it never stretched, well not noticably. You're chatting shit.

I have broken many maggie hoses though. They split so easy.

I have never ever snapped a cable. Because I always used decent cables.

I also found it never stretched, well not noticably. You're chatting shit.

I have broken many maggie hoses though. They split so easy.

whats with the grief im talking from personal expeiriance and i found cable to be more hassle than there worth its the same as anything else its all down to personal prefrence so all u can really say is try diffrent systems and see what works for you diffrent people prefer diffrent set ups

... unlike vees where u will be replacing cables more than changing ur socks

I think a lot of issues stated with either system can be avoided with proper preventive maintenance checks on a more than occasional basis. I feel it's imperative to constantly check and adjust one of the most important parts of your bike for your own safety. Maybe I do that too much with my vees. And yeah, fatigued or old parts can fail instantly with eye opening results I'm sure, so I would have to assume that even maggies need time spent looking over everything and adjustments as well.

As far as the replacing cables more than socks - I can wear my socks for months. Ewwww :sick:;)

Edited by Tappets

whats with the grief im talking from personal expeiriance and i found cable to be more hassle than there worth its the same as anything else its all down to personal prefrence so all u can really say is try diffrent systems and see what works for you diffrent people prefer diffrent set ups

You seem to say everything as a fact though, such as:

u will be adjusting leaver pull all the time

and

what happens when that trusty stel cable that u depend on soo much snaps

and

its harder to pop a hydro than it is to snap a cable

and

most hydro brakes will run for years without bleeding unlike vees where u will be replacing cables more than changing ur socks

You seem to be telling him what will happen. When it was your own experiences (that not many seem to have...)

Edited by Bob Fossil

I have NEVER snapped a brake cable! Thats 4 years overall of riding trials with a rear vee and the last 2-3 years with harsh riding. How many popped hoses have I had?.......Many. Of course braided hosing pretty much stops it though.

But isn't braided hosing like £40? :P

So that's £65 for the maggie + £40 for braided hose + £18 for decent pads... £123 (roughly) for a decent set up.

An £20 for Avid sd7 calipers + about £6 for really good cable + £22 for decent pads + £10 for lever + £20 ish for adapters.. Thats roughly £78 for a decent vee set up which will be more powerfull..

An £20 for Avid sd7 calipers + about £6 for really good cable + £22 for decent pads + £10 for lever + £20 ish for adapters.. Thats roughly £78 for a decent vee set up which will be more powerfull..

IMO Pads last longer aswell

So costs less to keep buying new ones

Also Vees hold amazing

(i know its been said before just agreeing)