Computer Geeks Help!

tipsy Jock

Evening chaps,

I've inherited my mums laptop and I want to get it running how it used to. What can I do to get rid of the slugishness without going so far as to completly wipe and reinstall Windows? Both hard disks have at least 2 Gb of space. I'm running Norton, Adaware and Spybot as we speak to get rid of any unwanteds. Currently there are about 53 processes running which I think is far too many, i've used hijack this to give me a list of everything thats happening but I don't know enough to do anything with this info.

Help!

53 processes isn't massively excessive... How big are the hard drives to begin with? 2 gig space left out of 20 isn't too bad but 2 left from 120 would be more of a problem! One thing to use as well is Cleanup, it's excellent at finding and removing all sorts of unnecessary trash from your system.

It's probably just one hard drive that's been partitioned so it acts as two seperate hard drives.

CCleaner is brilliant, but it's registry cleaner isn't all that good. I use CCleaner alongside Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, they seem to catch all the shite.

Once you've run CCleaner and Eusing Cleaner, you'd be best off running a defrag to get it all running smooth.

Edited by Muel