Freewheel Choice

Ben H!

I can vouch for try-alls too!

Mine lasted a good year and a half, and is still going on another bike (nearly two years now, was one of the first/ second batches of them)

Only reason i'd go for an eno is due to the quality and the fact you can fix them when things go wrong (Y)

I can vouch for try-alls too!

Mine lasted a good year and a half, and is still going on another bike (nearly two years now, was one of the first/ second batches of them)

Only reason i'd go for an eno is due to the quality and the fact you can fix them when things go wrong (Y)

i would buy an eno, but i can't afford one at the minute, so would a try-all one be a better choice than another monty

i would buy an eno, but i can't afford one at the minute, so would a try-all one be a better choice than another monty

I've never ran a monty freewheel so I can't really say for sure but I can recommend a try all freewheel.

Edited by Anal_Teflon

Eno's are really good freewheels.

I'm running a try all freewheel at the moment and I've had no problems whatsoever.

Same, however I have heard good things about the tensiles and I would say that they would be more reliable than the try-alls as the machining tolerances do not need to be as fine, also if they do go wrong they are more serviceable than the try all (then again so is everything alse).

Same, however I have heard good things about the tensiles and I would say that they would be more reliable than the try-alls as the machining tolerances do not need to be as fine, also if they do go wrong they are more serviceable than the try all (then again so is everything alse).

Again I can't comment on the Tensile I've never ran one. Its swings and round abouts really. If you want a hell of a lot more engagements though go for the try all.

My Tryall is the tits, pisses all over anything else ive had (hope xc and bulb, chris king, eno, acs, profile)

Quick tip if you do get one, spray a little bit of WD40 into it from the off, this thins down the grease and makes them far more reliable in my experience, mine has only skipped once since doing it, not like it mattered cos it engaged so quickly after :) I would probably avoid the try all if you intend on going through lots of deep puddles and ride in places where fine grit can get into the freewheel, they arent exactly well sealed and cant be serviced :(

Where's Scotty Evil1 when you need him?... The new Onza/Tensile freewheels that he's testing sound completely nuts. Sounds like they've crammed the workings of a small crane in there or something. However, not sure when they'll be available. Personally I'd save a little more and get an Eno. I run one on each of my trials bikes and have never had a single problem. The one on my Monty's now over 2 years old, has been abused to the max in comps and is still sweet as a nut. Worth the premium in my mind.

That's a good point i'd say. But Eno freewheels are sweet. Besides £70 isn't really allot when you look into it.

Getting another monty freewheel wouldn't be a bad idea. They're excellent, probably better than an eno in my expereience.

James B just went through a try-all freewheel. He said they all die relatively quickly if you intend to actually ride them. His only lasted a few months...