Fast And Furious 4

Andrex

Gotta say, in my opinion, the driving in tokyo drift all looked ridiculously computer generated and fake, what wasn't CGI seemed to be done with about 1000 shots cut together. Was kinda lame.

Wasnt alot of it done by the drift king him self. ive completly forgotten his name though sum asian guy, hes the fisher man that says "not bad" when paul walker is learning to drift.

I'm sure there was a lot of good driving in it, but the way it was edited looked as if they'd just got looads of shots and mixed together the best bits, it somehow didn't flow properly, like that video of the subaru driver posted a few pages ago in the 'post a picture of your car thread' looked almost as if it was done in one take, tokyo drift kinda gave the opposite impression.

Like I say, it came across that way, however it was produced. But looking at that, I think my point still stands about using countless numbers of shots, it looks like it was pretty much filmed one corner at a time. But meh, Like I say, however it was actually done, it just kinda had that feel to it, something to do with the editing or something.

Like I say, it came across that way, however it was produced. But looking at that, I think my point still stands about using countless numbers of shots, it looks like it was pretty much filmed one corner at a time. But meh, Like I say, however it was actually done, it just kinda had that feel to it, something to do with the editing or something.

No different to any other film, regardless of the genre or what's in view.

It's pretty rare a ten minute scene is done in one take.

Is it really that hard to understand, I think, in my personal opinion that in that film it looked too obvious that it was shot in lots of small takes, in some films it LOOKS as though its one smooth piece of action, even though it almost certainly isn't. In the same way I watched Hancock earlier and I'm pretty sure will smith can't actually fly but they still didn't just dangle him from a peice of rope and hope no one noticed.

The idea of special effects is to give the impression, that something that isn't really happening, is in fact happening. For me, Tokyo drift didn't do it for me, even if they did somehow shoot the entire film in one giant take, the editing, made it look kinda faked.

Now this is my personal opinion, so lets just leave it there and talk about the topic of discussion of this thread.

The new one looks ok, its pretty cool to see the old characters back, I'll probably watch it purely out of curiosity, could turn out to be pretty good.

if you want to watch a good drifting film watch:

initial D - the movie

at least the cars are shit loads better than tokyo drift. but plot was the whole story of a whole first series in the anime sqeezed into an hour and a bit..

oooo my so much better than tokyo drift, just simply terrible acting..

steve