Hope Pro 2... Advice Please...

tryallmaster

Hey,

I have just destroyed my third rear pro 2 and have gone through three in the past two months. My first pro two lasted me three years without a problem and it was the old type. The two warrenty replacements from hope have been terrible.

Im not a hard rider whatsoever, is it me or has anyone else had the same problem??? When all three have bust the freehub body goes around when I pedel but the wheel doesnt. The teeth inside have parted from the hub.

Ill be getting another replacement but I will be selling that and getting something else...

Whats your thought on the chris king single speed? Or changing my set-up to a front free wheel? Any recommendations welcome!!!

Cheers,

Lewis.

Same with me mate, if this one goes (will be my fourth) I'll be tempted by a ffw set up for sure!

Which is a shame because I really like the hubs, but i've cracked the '06 shell and stripped 2 of the '07s along with replacing around 6 bearings in the 4 hubs i've had.

hey mate,

Have they all been Pro2 trials? Cause i know that hope had some problems with original Pro2s and beefed up there design and made a trials specific one....

Yep, all have been pro 2 trials... cheers for the reply.

Same with me mate, if this one goes (will be my fourth) I'll be tempted by a ffw set up for sure!

Which is a shame because I really like the hubs, but i've cracked the '06 shell and stripped 2 of the '07s along with replacing around 6 bearings in the 4 hubs i've had.

Im actually sick of sending them off to Hope. I feel quite cheeky... But thats the warrenty...

They really do need to make some adjustments to the hub.

Cheers for the reply mate.

Wow - you lot have too much power :blink: stripping that many ratchet rings is hardcore....

A lot of power merchants use kings so If you can afford one it will probably be a good option - just maintain it well.

you could go down the DMR revolver + free wheel route for a much cheaper solution ?

Having rebuilt one of my friends 07 pro 2s the other week, the engagement didnt sound anywhere near as positive as mine which is also an 07 but about 6 months old.

On his it sounded like one pawl was engaging slightly before the other so whether the opposing pawls are not exactly opposite and that is what is causing the problems as it is would probably cause extra stress or twisting - small I know but it may be a factor.

Get a king lewis, i would go for a second hand one though picked up mine for £ 80 !!! a couple of years ago built onto a hog rim with two tyres posted! Has never skipped on me, maybe a couple of times riding along. Dont really give it any maintanence run it pretty much dry.

(Y)

A king is a strong possibility at the moment...

What are the white industries freewheels like? Anyone had any problems with them?

Cheers, Lewis.

you back in the UK now lad? or still living it up in oz?

go front free wheel :). Tensiles are well worth a look at too. Same engagement as a pro II me thinks,