French Cars

tipsy Jock

That 309 needs speedline Gti rims in white i think, Nimrods dont look so cool on that but im not really a fan anyways.. :S

Lads.. The Mo's clearly own the vts rims.... They are still nice wheels though.

Yep there up for sale very soon but dont have tyres im affraid. Looking at £150 Collected

That 309 needs speedline Gti rims in white i think, Nimrods dont look so cool on that but im not really a fan anyways.. :S

Lads.. The Mo's clearly own the vts rims.... They are still nice wheels though.

Yep there up for sale very soon but dont have tyres im affraid. Looking at £150 Collected

yehh , thats what i currently have on it :D

a little update people, the car is complete, running and roadworthy, apart from the rear bumper!

need to weld on some new mounts and find a new rear bumper !

yehh , thats what i currently have on it :D

a little update people, the car is complete, running and roadworthy, apart from the rear bumper!

need to weld on some new mounts and find a new rear bumper !

How long til it's back on the road Williom?

I've got an awesome car related surprise for you! I'll post up some pics at the weekend :D

Cheers, um nothing much until a can save up some more cash, kinda cleaned me out buying that car haha.

Hopefully lower it about 60mm on springs or coilovers if I have the cash, spray the wheels white, colour code bumper strips, possibly a badgeless grill, possibly smoked lights (definitely side repeaters).

Quite like the look of them just standard, back looks seriosuly high though....

Cheers, um nothing much until a can save up some more cash, kinda cleaned me out buying that car haha.

Hopefully lower it about 60mm on springs or coilovers if I have the cash, spray the wheels white, colour code bumper strips, possibly a badgeless grill, possibly smoked lights (definitely side repeaters).

Quite like the look of them just standard, back looks seriosuly high though....

yeah so do sounds nice smoke the rear im doing it to mine drop it 50mm front 60mm rear mate and spary wheels black

How long til it's back on the road Williom?

I've got an awesome car related surprise for you! I'll post up some pics at the weekend :D

bring on the weekend :D

erm, should be finished by the end of the month! so that i can get insurance sorted for the 1st of feb.

can't FREAKING WAIT :D

You getting coilovers or springs?

Anybody know how much different coilovers make handling and feel wise, had 40mm lowering springs on my last car and they did f**k all apart from make it stiffer.

Tha main advantage of coilovers on Saxo/106's is the height adjustability other than that there's no advantage unless you are wanting to run much stiffer springs which is only necessary on a track car.

For the last year i've been running Bilstein Sprintline shocks and Faulkner 155lb springs (about -35mm) and would highly recommend it as a setup for fast road/the odd trackday. I didn't notice it being too much stiffer over the bumps or too uncomfy but when you put your foot down and really hurled it into a corner the difference was amazing. Dampers are about £290ish new and springs about £70.

Edited by tipsy Jock

Cheers for that. Adjustable ride height isn't something I would want over better handling really. I think I will get the setup below at -50mm so I get the looks I want with much better handling. Can't believe how much more some coilovers are than shocks.

Would these be alright?

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/pro...product=3666237

Don't think that's going to be enough, I want it to be much lower but have better handling.

With that suspension package in the link above does that include rear shocks as well? Or do you have to adjust the torsion bar to accomodate for the lower front and thats it?

Well if you want it lower and handle realy nice id go for the 30mm/40mm you'd have it low like you want it but it would have quite good handling it all depends on will you be taking it on track days.

i think they come with the rear shocks aswell but id ring up but you do have to adjust the torsion bar when lowering it