French Cars

tipsy Jock

I used to have a 106 with an Ecosse bodykit on it and a blue light underneath. That was great! All the chavs would stare at me and then call me a "poofta" for listening to Floyd on the stupidly loud stereo.

People joke about me because I've got an "install" in the boot and I listen to Barry White and Sham 69 haha...

Well i've got a peice of shit vtr now and i had a 106 gti for about a month. I liked the gti felt like a proper little race car, handled well and was pretty quick this also meant it was a rattley, loud, tempremental, unreliable and expensive to run so it had to go. I got the vtr instead and so far i've gone through 3 wheels, 1 stub axle, 1 clutch release bearing, 1 lower arm and front discs. In the space of about 2 months so yeah it's gonna go aswell. i'm starting to properly hate french cars. although i think i'm about to invest in a 1.6 205 gti so hopefully that will change my mind again

Good plan.

I'm deffently going to have to get the 1.9 GTI, its just a bitch I have to wait until february. Everything about them is so good. I live in the perfect place to own one too, theres so many amazing back roads.

This looks amazing for £1000. 80,000 miles under the average milage, mint miami blue, it even has PAS. Shame it doesnt have a red carpet though.

Even James Bond drives one.

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

an old 2CV is it?

Cool!

What's the engine in it?

this is a 2cv6 Speciale from 1988, with the original engine (602 cc)... 8000 kilometers in the milometer... but the milometer did one turn some months ago lol... 99 999 to 0... and now 8000... this car is for a life ! i have regularly purchases propositions, but i can't sell it... it is just like selling your woman...

Well i've got a peice of shit vtr now and i had a 106 gti for about a month. I liked the gti felt like a proper little race car, handled well and was pretty quick this also meant it was a rattley, loud, tempremental, unreliable and expensive to run so it had to go. I got the vtr instead and so far i've gone through 3 wheels, 1 stub axle, 1 clutch release bearing, 1 lower arm and front discs. In the space of about 2 months so yeah it's gonna go aswell. i'm starting to properly hate french cars. although i think i'm about to invest in a 1.6 205 gti so hopefully that will change my mind again

If you want trouble free motoring you don't want a 205 :D It will be even more rattley, loud, tempremental and unreliable than the 106! Will be great fun though!

Good plan.

I'm deffently going to have to get the 1.9 GTI, its just a bitch I have to wait until february. Everything about them is so good. I live in the perfect place to own one too, theres so many amazing back roads.

This looks amazing for £1000. 80,000 miles under the average milage, mint miami blue, it even has PAS. Shame it doesnt have a red carpet though.

totally get it!

that is a stonking price if nothings wrong with it!

can anyone guess what i bought today? :P

Well i've got a peice of shit vtr now and i had a 106 gti for about a month it was a rattley, loud, tempremental, unreliable and expensive to run so it had to go. I got the vtr instead and so far i've gone through 3 wheels, 1 stub axle, 1 clutch release bearing, 1 lower arm and front discs. In the space of about 2 months so yeah it's gonna go aswell. i'm starting to properly hate french cars. although i think i'm about to invest in a 1.6 205 gti so hopefully that will f**k me again

All that shit and you're STILL looking at another french car.....

Why don't you just bend over?

might be selling at some point matt :)

its a 1.6, phase 1. my favourite! the dash is so much nicer than phase 2 IMO. alot simpler and slightly more spaceship like (with the sliding type heater controls).

very nippy thing, so much fun :D

just got to get a new water pump on there and new clutch cable and it'll be right as rain! :)

nah, me and a mate have gone halves. so its not my baby so to speak. the 309's getting most of my lovin at the mo ;)

lovely car though, may end up selling it, may end up racing stock hatch in it :)

after I make a few hundred whoring myself out, Ill take it off you :)

Got a mechanical question:

I've got a 2001 Renault megane 1.6 16v, i've noticed that when i listen very carefully i can hear a vague ticking noise coming from the engine when its idling. I would think this is the tappets but they're hydraulic so should self-adjust, could the ticking noise be something to do with oil pressure?

Any help greatly appreciated!