How Do You Straighten A Bent Rotor?

odakyu

I was told that you can tru a rotor by going really fast down a hill and applying the brake for quite a distance. I'm not sure how true this is, but it came from a reliable source...

depends how bent it is, it could just lock and u go face first and kiss the floor lol

I would just usually buy a new rotor.

Although now I've seen this topic I may purchase a rotor truing fork. :)

:o

Someone's made of money...

If/when i bend rotors, all it takes is a tweak or two with an adjustable spanner - really not hard to sort out.

so i should try to bend the rotor with the rotor mounted on the hub?

Yes, otherwise what's gonna hold it in place?

I just get an adjustable spanner, make it fit the rotor nicely, find where the rotor is bent and tweak it in the opposite direction. then spin the wheel again, and keep repeating this until it is as straight as you can get it (Y)

anyway, this is the first time i am using dual disc. I have been having a hard setting up the brakes! I was using HS33 all the time and it didn't give me any problems setting it up....the main reason why i am switching to disc is because i had enough of slipped brake pads...this has given me enough injuries