New Frame, But No Bite?

Rob/Mitch

Hi, I've now built up my new Simtra frame only to find my rear brake has lost its bite and noise.

On my pitbull frame my rear maggie was quite loud and would bite hard without a booster but now it is silent and dosn't hold at all?

Any Ideas what this could be?

Anyone else had a Simtra that could shine some light?

Thanks Rob.

Hi, I've now built up my new Simtra frame only to find my rear brake has lost its bite and noise.

On my pitbull frame my rear maggie was quite loud and would bite hard without a booster but now it is silent and dosn't hold at all?

Any Ideas what this could be?

Anyone else had a Simtra that could shine some light?

Thanks Rob.

Do you have a booster on your Simtra?? Tooooo much flex is probably why? :unsure:

as the brakes have been removed from your old frame they probably aren't set-up in a identical position as they were,so they need to bed them in to their new position on your simtra,just give it a few rides and it should get better.

steve

Edited by steve@banbury-trials

Do you have a booster on your Simtra?? Tooooo much flex is probably why? :unsure:

It dosnt seem to be flexing, not that i can see anyway. If anything my pitbull flexed more!

Maybe it is just a case of bedding the pads back in?

Think I need to do a bit of trueing work with my rear wheel aswell, I think the wheel was dished over by the last owner to fit the pitbull.

It seems to be limiting my adjustment on one side, the caliper is pushed right back in the mount.

I've found that more flexible frames tend to be more bitey than stiffer ones, but you'll never get the pads set-up right straight away.

Give it a fresh grind so it will wear the pads in quicker and wait for them to wear in.

I've found that more flexible frames tend to be more bitey than stiffer ones, but you'll never get the pads set-up right straight away.

Give it a fresh grind so it will wear the pads in quicker and wait for them to wear in.

would you like a go on my mates ashton? you wont think that again lol

yea as said, regrind and give it a while :)

I've never ridden an Ashton, but I've spoken to Krisboats about it before, and I changed a T-Pro to a Zona Zip, which was a lot stiffer, and put my brothers brake from his T-Lite onto my Kot, which is slightly stiffer.

But yes, I'd love a go on your mates Ashton.

Had my first proper ride today on the Simtra, it feels so much better than my '05 Pitbull frame did,

really nice on the back wheel. Going to try a steeper stem and go back to my risers and see how i get on.

The front seems a little low and flat (if you know what i mean)

The back brake is a little better but have been using tar all day, il give it a few more rides before i re-grind the rim i think.

Cheers for all your help Guys

Rob.