Hub Help!

austen

TOPIC CHANGE!

Right so decided to go for a hope pro 2 trials because i found them for £113, so thought i might aswell get one instead of another type of hub. But my question is, whats the smallest Sprocket that will fit on a hope hub? a 12t?

cheers, Austen x

Aright guys and girls!

Right so basicaly my dmr revolver hub has died, the threads have stripped and i can't be bothered buying all these freewheels which last a day ( never bothered investing in a decent freewheel)

So i've been looking at cassette hubs for MTB's, haven't found many but i did find a hub made by Last Zakk Click Here

The only thing is that i havn't heard of this make before and wondered if anyone on here has? and whether they are a trusted make because i don't really want to be buying another new hub a couple of months down the line.

I also found the NS Bikes Coaster Pro MKII hub Click Here

I know Ns are a well established company but was just wondering if anyone on the forum has used there hubs before and whether its a worth while buy?

I obviously found other hubs like Halo - Which ive heard are pretty sh*t, and all my friends have been aswell. I was thinking of a pro 2 trials but idealy i'd want it to take a 10/11t driver and dont fancy forking out that amount of money for a new one.

So does anyone else have any information on these hubs or any other hubs that they'd recommend, not too expensive?

Cheers, Austen x

Edited by austen

And i would like a cassette driver in 10/11t driver as i said in the first post ;)

Dude by driver i guess ur meaning sprocket yeh?

Well id go for either a Pro2 trials (they come with just the spacer kit, no cog or lock ring off tarty) http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...category_id=148

or maybe a burtec hub http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22958

Both are pretty much indestructible imo, and ive been DJ and doing trials for about 8 years.

Dude by driver i guess ur meaning sprocket yeh?

The driver is like whats on the Last Zakk hub, its like the sprocket and pawls etc all in one which attatches to the hub, because u dont get 10t sprockets or that do you?

I was looking at the burgtec ones, there nice, but farr to much money for me at the moment :( looking to spend £0 - £120 on a hub, and with the hope pro 2 ill ned to spend about 15/20 on a decent sprocket for it and they only go down to a twelve if im right?

The driver is like whats on the Last Zakk hub, its like the sprocket and pawls etc all in one which attatches to the hub, because u dont get 10t sprockets or that do you?

And with the hope pro 2 ill ned to spend about 15/20 on a decent sprocket for it and they only go down to a twelve if im right?

Right got u now man, em to be honest not many companys use the same design that the Last Zakk hub does, not sure why but i really wouldnt trust that as far as i would throw it.

Right uve got £120 to spend. go for the pro2, get a nice 12 tooth Gusset sprocket http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17775

Trust me u wont be able to tell the difference by one tooth man.

Btw why u so interested in the who single speed sprocket and freehub in one type thing?

Right got u now man, em to be honest not many companys use the same design that the Last Zakk hub does, not sure why but i really wouldnt trust that as far as i would throw it.

Right uve got £120 to spend. go for the pro2, get a nice 12 tooth Gusset sprocket http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17775

Btw why u so interested in the who single speed sprocket and freehub in one type thing?

Other people said its decent :( The pro 2 is £127 from tarty, then sprocket thats wide based, will be say 15? So thats £142 straight off, then i'd need to go to a 30t sprocket at the front so thats another £30, so thats £172, then i'll need to pay for spokes and wheel build say another 30, so it will cost me around £200 for that set up! Thats the only thing putting me off it really, if i could find a second hand pro 2 i'd go for it no bother! No one on here seems to have one though, and the guy on pinkbike whos selling one with jsut missing spring won't reply! :(

Im interested in the driver/hub set up because it can go down t a smaller tooth, therefore, smaller sprocket at the front, and idealy i'd like a 25 - 28 on the front, so it's small and wont get battered the sh*t out off.

I'd get the Halo DJD over them other two. I know two people with the Halo hub who both ride ramp/ street and they haven't any problems yet. To be honest they're all pretty similar. They all work pretty much the same way. The Halo does have more bearings though, which is a good thing in this case. I wouldn't be drawn into that Last hub too much from the amount of pawls it has, as they operate off the same spring.

I'd get the Halo DJD over them other two. I know two people with the Halo hub who both ride ramp/ street and they haven't any problems yet. To be honest they're all pretty similar. They all work pretty much the same way. The Halo does have more bearings though, which is a good thing in this case. I wouldn't be drawn into that Last hub too much from the amount of pawls it has, as they operate off the same spring.

I've heard lots of people say there rubbish hubs :S on chain reaction there going quite cheap at the moment, so i might look into it. What difference does it make if there running off the same spring? (sorry i know nothing about the insides of a hub :P)

Chain reaction don't have them in stock in black, so i won't be getting a halo hub :P

Edited by austen

I've heard lots of people say there rubbish hubs :S on chain reaction there going quite cheap at the moment, so i might look into it. What difference does it make if there running off the same spring? (sorry i know nothing about the insides of a hub :P)

Chain reaction don't have them in stock in black, so i won't be getting a halo hub :P

Yes some people have had problems, i also read that too. I can't remember what they were though. As your getting a Hope for pretty cheap then that's a good choice. But some riders break Hope's just as easily, but they do have a good repair warranty.

And yeah, 12t is the smallest.

Yes some people have had problems, i also read that too. I can't remember what they were though. As your getting a Hope for pretty cheap then that's a good choice. But some riders break Hope's just as easily, but they do have a good repair warranty.

And yeah, 12t is the smallest.

Cheers mate, that helped a fair bit!

£113 for a pro 2. Make sure it is the trials one. And not the Roadie version...

Pro 2 <--- Thats the trials one yeah?

You are joking surely? The difference between 18:12 - 18:13 and 16:13 - 16:14 is huge, and those are just the ratios I've used.

I'm pretty sure the smallest wide base sprockets you can get are 12t, but if you get a skinny base one you can get 11t ones.