Suspension Fork On Inspired, And Gear Cassette?

Henrik Y

Has anyone tried a suspension fork with an Inspired frame?

Which fork would be the best choice?

I was thinking about make it more suitable for street riding. Like Jeff Lenosky's style of riding.

There's not so many Inspired frames out there so... but any ideas?

And btw does anyone know where I can get a cassette that fits hope pro2 hubs with 18t-13t?

I've been thinking about getting a larger(9speed) cassette and cut of the larger sprockets but don't know if the cassette will fall apart.

as long as the sus fork doesnt raise the bb it will mess up the whole feel

i would say no more than 100mm but try for an 80mm for

have a look at the dirt jam pro 100mm travel very simple fork but a great fork overall

not sure on the gears if your going for a street built go for single speed less chance of things going wrong :rolleyes:

Edited by maxxis26

Yeah! My mate has sus on his inspired and it rode awesome!!!

It felt like a freeride bike but you can pull of trials shiz too.

I would definitely recommend to try it!

Ill get some pics up soon...

Lewis.

Would be nice to see some pics on it.

The fork on my FS bike is a little to long but I think my friend has one that's a little shorter lying around that I could try.

But I sidehop about 60cm with my FS so I don't think I would be any bigger problems for street trial riding.

Hey mate,

I could only find an action shot.

I thinks it looks and rides awesome!!!

Lewis.

Thats very near the set up I had. Geo wise.

I ran an EXR pro 100mm fork with a thompson 100mm 10deg stem with tryall range bars and it was very nice indeed. I didnt run any stem stackers. It pulled up so easy. Still hopped around the same, a fork wont change that, apart from the extra weight. But yea go for it, you wont regret it.

Oh and about the cassette. If you buy a road cassette, they usually come in single peices with spacers so you dont have to use all of them to run gears on your hub.

Hope this helps.

And btw does anyone know where I can get a cassette that fits hope pro2 hubs with 18t-13t?

I've been thinking about getting a larger(9speed) cassette and cut of the larger sprockets but don't know if the cassette will fall apart.

Usually you can take the cassette apart and just use the cogs you want with the spacers you need. The only thing is, 9spd casstte and chain will give you 6 gears on a pro II T but if you want a stronger chain (eg 8spd Kool) you'd only fit 5 cogs on as you can't really fit 6 8spd spacered cogs on without it getting very close to the frame. I just about managed it on my control but it was tight.

Hope that made sense.

• 3 years later...

I don't get it, can you say in other words? Do you mean it has fast Stroke Rebound?

I think what dezmthber means is that with suspension forks, you can often lower them by adding spacers internally between the spring and the legs so that when you screw it all back together the stanchions get pulled down by however many spacers you've added. Quite a few suspension forks already have a spacer in there by default, and it's just a matter of adding more.

Edited by bip