People Of Edinburgh.

Fishy

Alright guys, I'm heading up to see the Heinekin Cup final in may but all of the travel lodges/cheap hotels are pretty much fully booked. Does anyone know any decent campsites not too far out of the city centre, or ones that are near a train station? Any helps appreciated as otherwise I'm a bit buggared for sleeping.

Theres a youth hostel on annandale street which is just of Princes street which is cheaper than a hotel, but not that cheap for a hostel..... There is tons of B&B's in Edinburgh. Also if you are going with others consider rent a flat - i did with a few friends and we payed £25 a night each for a flat in the centre of Edinburgh. This time of year in Scotland...i really wouldn't camp if i were you.

The finals in May, so the weather should be miles better. For the weekend pretty much everywhere cheap has been booked the only other places we've sourced are £120 a head per night. Youth hostel was £40 odd for a night that weekend. There's going to be a few of us too so camping is going to be probably the easiest.

54 annandale street i think it was - theres a couple of flats there, the one i was in had wireless internet if thats useful to you at all? People are really relaxed and friendly, just drop the key through the letterbox when you leave. Really comfortable places with 2 bathrooms, private car parking - really good for the money if theres a group of you, and f course just a 2 minute walk to the centre of the City.

Alright guys, I'm heading up to see the Heinekin cup final

Don't bother with crap like that :P Just bring your bike instead.

On the accommodation front, have you tried university halls? Being pretty ignorant about football (or is it rugby :blink::lol: ) I don't know exactly when in may the match is, but toward the end of the month the students leave pollock halls and they get rented out by the night to anyone who wants to stay there. It's not exactly 5 star accommodation, but it's cheap and close to the town centre.