Best Way For Trials?

Luke_zoo

pyametrics is a good technique to use, bassicly grab some 5 lb weights (1 in each hand) and jump as high as you can as soon as you hit the floor jump as high as you can again repeat this 10 times 3 times a day and you should see results

sounds silly just jumping up and down but it trains your muscles to be more explosive and helps things like gaps and side hops :)

As it says in the Title...

What is there to do, apart form the gym... sometime I'd rather not go to the gym anyone got any ideas of what you could do from home?

E.g I have a runner mehchine, tigh traner, and few weights.

take steroids lol not really carry on riding you will get bigger trust me

pyametrics is a good technique to use, bassicly grab some 5 lb weights (1 in each hand) and jump as high as you can as soon as you hit the floor jump as high as you can again repeat this 10 times 3 times a day and you should see results

sounds silly just jumping up and down but it trains your muscles to be more explosive and helps things like gaps and side hops :)

So is "echo_adam" right, then? That actually works?

As it says in the Title...

What is there to do, apart form the gym... sometime I'd rather not go to the gym anyone got any ideas of what you could do from home?

E.g I have a runner mehchine, tigh traner, and few weights.

in my opinion it isnt all about strength, its more about technique.

Doing weights builds up your slow twitch muscle fibres, you need to do plyometrics if you want to be "bouncier" and more explosive, which is what you need for trials really.

Just ride your bike more though, if your body isn't strong/fit enough to withstand your riding ability, it will get stronger and fitter naturally the more you ride.

I would just keep on riding ... youll eventually start seeing the results

i ride moto trials too and that is a ,assive help to my strength. Its really just lifting a motorbiuke up and down for a couple of hours.

the same principal applys to trials riding :)

hope i helped you :) thanks

jo

I would just keep on riding ... youll eventually start seeing the results

i ride moto trials too and that is a ,assive help to my strength. Its really just lifting a motorbiuke up and down for a couple of hours.

the same principal applys to trials riding :)

hope i helped you :) thanks

jo

:rolleyes: I ride Bike trials, sometimes moto trials and bmx as well or il work on the finger mussels on the pc on MSN ha ha :lol:(Y)

i would be more concerned at snapping my ankle tendon that gaining an extra inch on a sidehop

also, if you decide to take plyometrics seriously, do the jumps 3 times a day everyday for 6 weeks, then dont do any for 6 weeks, then redo it as they work in levels and if you just do it everyday you will reach a height limit and you wont be as successful as you could have been

If you want more power in your arms the best thing or one of is to get something heavy e.g. dumbell half concrete block tie a rope round it then get a pole or old brush handle and tie the rope to that as well then wind the rope around the handle, then stand on something high and with your elbows tucked into your hips and forarms straight roll the rope in and out so the dumbell goes up and down. try in different positions for different muscles. This is done by most pro mx riders like travis pastrana and the like. you can't really beat it for arm strength. you'll be going higher and further in no time, hope this helps :D and hope your not :sleeping: after reading this :)

I would use your Dumbells for your Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps

you could use Dumbells for Calf Raise, Squats and Lunges but take it easy on the legs cos you dont want to much pressure on your knee caps

you can use your own body weight like

Push ups for your chest

Push ups with your hands turned Inwards that dose the shoulders

Spiderman Push ups helps your Biceps

and close hand Push ups help your Triceps oh and dont for get the Triceps Dips

if you got the back strength then pull ups are good :)

make sure you do some cardio before you do it

and get some protein in you be for and after the workout

oatmeal is good for protein

some people on here might disagree with that plan

hope i helped abit