Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DobsonONZAT-PRO

Snail Cams?

17 posts in this topic

ive reasently bought some trialtech snail cams and i fit them tonite,but when i get a good tension and then start riding the chain goes really slack and loosens off ..i dont know why ?

you got any suggestions ??

cheers

dobs x

Make sure the cams are touching the snail cam bolts. & are equally in line with each other.

What chain is it? If a cheap one could be chain stretch maybe.

alrite thanks.......the chain is a khe so it aint a cheap one ! ,so it shouldnt be that ...but ill check that they are inlign tomoro..

cheers (Y)

Oh and maybe you just haven't done the axle bolts up tight enough. :)

Oh and maybe you just haven't done the axle bolts up tight enough. :)

I've learnt that problem

i use good old chain tugs get no problem with them at all chain stays nice and tight >_<

i use good old chain tugs get no problem with them at all chain stays nice and tight >_<

Saaammmeee :D(Y)

I much prefer the tugs there much better but don't fit my frame unless modified.

But my monty snail cams which i run on the outside of the frame serve me well I,ve notice he little notches keep them well placed.

Maybe you should try notching them??? Just a idea mate.

I much prefer the tugs there much better but don't fit my frame unless modified.

But my monty snail cams which i run on the outside of the frame serve me well I,ve notice he little notches keep them well placed.

Maybe you should try notching them??? Just a idea mate.

yeah thanks the snail cams are notched ...for some reason they keep slipping though which im not ammused about,also becaus their notched i cant quite get the tension right ! .........nevermind :ermm:

just a thought .

make sure when you tighten the bols up make sure the snailcams still have pressure on them otherwise they will move and then letting the wheel slip back and move.

i have had this problem before.

just a thought .

make sure when you tighten the bols up make sure the snailcams still have pressure on them otherwise they will move and then letting the wheel slip back and move.

i have had this problem before.

alrite nice one thanks for that ill have a look tomoro..

When you have got your desired tention, tighten up the non drive side axel bolt first. That way is doesnt move the hub and loosening your chain.

When you have got your desired tention, tighten up the non drive side axel bolt first. That way is doesnt move the hub and loosening your chain.

alrite cheers.. nice one ill make sure i do that from now on (Y)

Thinks thats the problem :D or you might just have an extra chromosome :| :giggle:

nickx

Thinks thats the problem :D or you might just have an extra chromosome :| :giggle:

nickx

meat head

have the cams rotating with the bolt :S so when you tighten it the rotation doesn't make the cam notch down, it should just force into the cam bolts. can't explain this well at all :P