Barb Snapped Inside My Magura Slave Piston.....

Matthew62

I was just bleeding my magura and had just finished when unscrewing the bard/tube/syringe in the slave piston and the bard snapped off inside and is left within the body of the brake.

Has this happened to anyone before and if so how have you got the snapped barb out? Any suggestions would be welcomed or is it more likely that i'm going to need a new brake? Shitty heatsink bleed kit has well and truly let me down! Not impressed.

So yeah, and ideas lets her them!

Cheers.

No material sticking out. The barb snapped at the head so its the thread part thats inside the brake. The bard is recessed within the brake if you get what i mean, so nothing to grip on to externally.

Edit: Just realised you can buy single slaves from Tartybikes, so if theres nothing i can do its not too bad...thought it would be a whole new brake, good old tartys! Would rather get it out myself though obviously.

Edited by Matthew62

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that the Heatsink bleed kits use the same fittings as the standard maggy bleed kit.

They might even use the barbs normally used for crossovers.

Either way it's not Heatsinks bleed kit that's shitty, it'll just be the barb.

Industrial strength clear hose, couples up with official Magura barbed fittings to make this the only kit you'll ever need.

They use official magura barbs, I meant that it just must have been a dodgy barb.

Softer metal? They're made of steel and the slave is aluminium, if the barb itself didn't have any faults it would take the threads out of the piston or crack it before it snapped.

Best of luck getting it out anyway, if the allen key doesn't work you could try a left hand drill bit if you can find one.

EDIT: They're not even the official bleed barbs with the shitty short thread, they're the proper crossover ones with the longer thread so it was almost definately a dud one.

Edited by Muel

Go and buy yourself a set of 'easy outs' there half way between a tap and a drill bit so they

screw in to the hole and when they've dug in it'll start to unscrew the barb.

might be a few quid but there bloody handy to have in the toolbox!

Edited by super