My New Hydroxx 2!

Stan Shaw

Much love stan :D....

hows theese pads so far compared to the crocos?

I'm using yellow crocos on back and the front and they are really really good not to sure on what the brown are like though i think a will be getting some phat pads for the back sounds like they are better than the try all pads

Jamie (Y)

I am also running a higher stem now too, which is better.

What do you mean by that Stan? You mean your running a half stem stacker under the stem, where as before you wernt?

Looks like a sweet bike man, not too keen on the paint job as I liked the older hydroxx's better but to have a bike that light would be fan-daby-dozie. (Y)

I'm using yellow crocos on back and the front and they are really really good not to sure on what the brown are like though i think a will be getting some phat pads for the back sounds like they are better than the try all pads

Jamie (Y)

LOL I know what the crocos are like.......ive ran some (Y) ......i asked stan what the though of the new pads he is running in comparisson to the croco pads.......And jamie the sound of brake pads dont mean a sertain pad is better than another........best holding pads i ever had were koxx greens silent as ......and never failed me .

Edited by mrkoxx

What do you mean by that Stan? You mean your running a half stem stacker under the stem, where as before you wernt?

Looks like a sweet bike man, not too keen on the paint job as I liked the older hydroxx's better but to have a bike that light would be fan-daby-dozie. (Y)

I'm running a different stem all together, its still Trialtech but slightly longer and also more rise :)

As for the TNN pads I am testing. So far they are very impressive indeed. The CNC backings are by far the best I have seen in terms of quality etc. The compound in them seems excellent too, very bitey and good hold.

LOL I know what the crocos are like.......ive ran some (Y) ......i asked stan what the though of the new pads he is running in comparisson to the croco pads.......And jamie the sound of brake pads dont mean a sertain pad is better than another........best holding pads i ever had were koxx greens silent as ......and never failed me .

I didn't mean the sound of the brack pads

Jamie

tell me if phat pads are good compared to heatsink cousts please :D

I would but I haven't used Coust pads sorry

Looks great stan! I really want one of these, I reckon my orange rims would look amazing on one of them. :P

I think I might try some of these pads once my PhatPads have worn out, what sort of rim/grind are you running? I'm guessing a Trialtech rim and a sharp light-medium grind?

True that be. I'm running 44 Tango ( original compound) on my *special* grind and it makes no noise, but has not slipped once when the brake is lined up and bleed properly. Only probably I have is going through pads like crazy. It's not bad, but I don't have money to replace pads every few months.

Looks great stan! I really want one of these, I reckon my orange rims would look amazing on one of them. :P

I think I might try some of these pads once my PhatPads have worn out, what sort of rim/grind are you running? I'm guessing a Trialtech rim and a sharp light-medium grind?

Cheers man. Yeah thats the setup I have including a long lever blade. Rear brake is amaaaaazing haha and as stiff as a badger!