Anybody Orded From Heatsink Lately?

twentyinch

Hi, Just wondering if everyone that has ordered from HSB lately have had their parts within 2 days? I ordered a Cloud 9 bash today and Im hoping to be riding at the weekend.

Thanks

Sam

Think he's managed to clear a back log. He sent me notice of dispatch yesterday, but haven't received them yet. Mind you i ordered over two weeks ago. Keep those fingers crossed!

No idea mate, it came from steve via paypal. From what i hear it's one of the best out there.

Ok cheers. I just wasn't sure. What do you think of square taper middleburns? I got some with my first frame and I have never used them. Im having some problems with my Isis Sl's at the moment so i thought i would try the middleburns for once. I have brought a neon carbon taper bb from tarty as well. I have never heard of any problems but it would just be re assuring to know they aren't going to break on me.

Thanks

Sam

My pads and backings turned up today but have had to order phat pads and backings in the mean time so am waiting for them too. Which are better anybody have any opinions? one set are going to have to be returned. I prefer the look of the phat pads but haven't got them in my hands yet. have the yellow heatsinks with the alu backings here now. I'm gonna return one set, not sure which so input would be helpful.

Thanks

I think the phatpads are thinner, so better for bikes with low clearance between the cranks and Magura slaves. I've used heatsinks and they're the best I've tried, but I'm ditching Maguras for a dual disk bike soon.

Thanks, bareing in mind i don't gring my rims?

Only pads I've used on smooth rims were rock greens, which worked fine until any water at all made it onto them at which point they provided no stopping at all. Given it's liable to be raining or wet for the next 6 months I wouldn't go back to smooth rims unless I was planning on giving up trials or moving somewhere a lot drier.