Anybody Orded From Heatsink Lately?

twentyinch

Not trying to start slating anybody before i start but..,

Has anybody else orded anythink from steve? i sent payment over a week ago and had nothing, and emailed him wednesday and no reply, a friend orded some pads over 2 weeks ago and had nothing either, Anybody have any idea if hes busy or got something big on at the mo?

How long usually does he take? i normally get stuff from dan ko but as iv read some bad things about his shop and hes not been on msn for about 6 months i decided not to bother.

Any help appreciated

Chris

I really hate to see heatsink bikes being slated like trials uk and other shit stores. Heatsink bikes on the whole was on par with tartybikes in pretty much every aspect apart from the size.

But now i guess Steve can't keep up, and he really needs to either figure something out, or put on his website that the order may take a fortnight amount of time to dispatch.

ordered some pads from there once, took so long i actually forgot about them, then randomly like 3weeks+ later some pads arrived, i was like wtf? random.... oh yea i did order these haha

steve puts everything before his business, i mean its not like theres millions of people ordering from him.... jus send the stuff out, so what if he has a wife and kid :S its not like they have brain damage and need looking after 24/7 :S

either run the business or close it... simple

Ordered my pads on Sunday 8th March, received them first thing this morning with a note apologizing for the slight delay and some sweets! :D

Would defiantly order from him again (Y) i suppose if your desperate for pads its quite a long time but I heard they're awesome and well worth the wait and thats why I chose them (Y)

good stuff!

o dear sounds like bad times then at heatsink :( Inur.. 6 weeks...! feck!!

Actually 2 months. Just looked up our emails in Outlook. Sent the order out on the 14/01/09.

This kind of behaviour really drives me up the wall and makes me want to smash something.

Seriously Steve, if you read this - consider selling HSB to somebody more competent than yourself. Having a family and a full time job is no excuse for this kind of service, none of your customers give a shit about your activities outside Heatsink Bikes.

Actually 2 months. Just looked up our emails in Outlook. Sent the order out on the 14/01/09.

This kind of behaviour really drives me up the wall and makes me want to smash something.

Seriously Steve, if you read this - consider selling HSB to somebody more competent than yourself. Having a family and a full time job is no excuse for this kind of service, none of your customers give a shit about your activities outside Heatsink Bikes.

Bit harsh mate! True though, if you can't handle having a full time job and a family and running Heatsink, you should sell it on. Or considor selling everything through someone like Tarty, then all you have to do is get batches of stuff every 3-6 months posted off to Tarty, and they could sell it on. Not sure if Adam would be up for it, but I can't see why not, they're really popular parts and would sell well enough.

Bit harsh mate! True though, if you can't handle having a full time job and a family and running Heatsink, you should sell it on. Or considor selling everything through someone like Tarty, then all you have to do is get batches of stuff every 3-6 months posted off to Tarty, and they could sell it on. Not sure if Adam would be up for it, but I can't see why not, they're really popular parts and would sell well enough.

I wouldn't care about this delay at all if it was just a pair for me. But there's about 15 people waiting for their pads and other stuff over here and I'm the one having to explain to them why they've been waiting for weeks and can't even get an ETA.

He can't cope with batches either so that Tarty arrangement wouldn't work.

iv spoken to someone else who was going to sell similar pads through tarty and he said hima nd tarty figured that by the time postage and everything else is sorted they make basically no money. selling them direct from the maker is really the only sensible option to make a profit, the only reason other pads can is because theyre huge companies not 'home based' if you get me, so they can make them cheaper, they also dont use more expensive and time consuming cnc backings...

steve needs a helper to sort his stuff out, i know hes a nice guy but that doesnt mean arnt allowed to be anoyed

you could always buy polish ?

have to say ive been wating for an order for over a month now, girfriend ordered me some bits the week before valentines and not had anything yet. i know steve has a lot on, but then he's always had a lot on, i can remember ordering my first set of pads 3 years ago from steve and had exaclty the same issue. not exactly great!

I wouldn't care about this delay at all if it was just a pair for me. But there's about 15 people waiting for their pads and other stuff over here and I'm the one having to explain to them why they've been waiting for weeks and can't even get an ETA.

He can't cope with batches either so that Tarty arrangement wouldn't work.

I'm sure tarty used to stock heatsink stuff?

I know they did the cloud 9 bash rings.

Edited by skinny paul

This is basically the reason I left Heatsink. Used to wait 4-5 weeks for emails back to say about pads, and they still weren't sent until a furthur 2 weeks later. I ended up buying brakepads from Tarty in the end which defeated the point of me being involved with Heatsink. Steve's probably one of the nicest guys you're ever likely to come in contact with in Trials, but Heatsink is seriously getting a bad rep now. Steve needs to get his act together, seriously.

ordered coustink refills from steve 4 weeks ago. When I ordered them, I realised 2 days later that paypal had assigned my wrong address to the order, so Emailed steve asking him to change the address. he got back to me two weeks later and asked for the address (which I forgot to put on the email) and said they'dbe despatched by the end of the week. So i replied to him the same night with the correct address, another 2 weeks and nothing until today my mum rang and said a bike part's arrived at home (the first, wrong address) so she's sending that down.

I always knew steve is slow because of his commitments, and to be honest its not that that annoys me, its just the lack of communication. If he emailed me and said they're going to be 2 weeks late then id atleast know when to start wondering where they are etc. Maybe Steve could hire someone else to help out?

Hey guys I spoke to Steve yesterday and made him aware of the topic, he said that all outstanding orders were posted the other day and he is working hard to ensure sufficient supplies and a rapid service once again.

Lets hope it's all sorted as his products really do rock!i've been using them for the last 4/5 years.

Hey guys I spoke to Steve yesterday and made him aware of the topic, he said that all outstanding orders were posted the other day and he is working hard to ensure sufficient supplies and a rapid service once again.

Lets hope it's all sorted as his products really do rock!i've been using them for the last 4/5 years.

All being well I will get my refills in the next day or so then, ordered them just under a month ago. Not so worried about the wait as I still have some life left in my reds, more concerned with the lack of response to PMs - that said givent he recent issues he probably has a shedload of messages to trawl through.

Will report back here when they arrive :)