Spoke Problem.

Ive searched it and nothing came up. My spokes on my 07 onza (shitty) wheel are creaking. Its one of the cheap onza wheels which come with the standard bike. Im not sure what it is, Ross G said to loosen the spokes 1/4 of a turn, I did and yet it still creaks and also it is a factory build so nothing done to it apart from the loosening. I think its the threads fooooked in the nipples, what do you think?

Cheers guys. :)

Ive searched it and nothing came up. My spokes on my 07 onza (shitty) wheel are creaking. Its one of the cheap onza wheels which come with the standard bike. Im not sure what it is, Ross G said to loosen the spokes 1/4 of a turn, I did and yet it still creaks and also it is a factory build so nothing done to it apart from the loosening. I think its the threads fooooked in the nipples, what do you think?

Cheers guys. :)

are you sure it's the spokes are you sure it might not just be you're crank creaking due to you're crank arm's being slightly lose try tighting them up and if not try tighting you're spokes ever so slightly but do them all equally so that you dont make you're rear wheel slightly buckled

are you sure it's the spokes are you sure it might not just be you're crank creaking due to you're crank arm's being slightly lose try tighting them up and if not try tighting you're spokes ever so slightly but do them all equally so that you dont make you're rear wheel slightly buckled

Sounds quite like a crack doing that. Ill give it a check over in a while. It sound even louder and worse when I lean over the bars, But the sound only occours when motional.?

If you're sure it's the spokes then loose spokes can be the problem, as suggested - OR - the spoke nipples aren't turning freely when you tighten them. The spokes can actually wind up and will make funny creaking or pinging noises as you ride around. If it's the latter case, that will eventually go away as the spokes work themselves back into form. A bit of oil where the nipple runs through the rim and at the threads before tightening can help with this if this is the case. Hope that helps.

alot of wheels do that, it sounds to me there not tight enough. Its just where the spokes cross over each other. I would get a shop to tighten them and like some other chap said, de-strees it by pushing on the wheel. Then maybe if nothing else works just put a small piece of paper where the spokes cross .... haha