Frame

Jack Morton

I have got some aluminuim tube , solid bit's for wheel dropouts , headtube and bottom bracket part lying at home and was wanting to make my own frame just couldn't deside what shape to make it i no it sounds stupid and that i will end up hurting my self but it's just for fun really so i would really like it if you guys could give me some advice on shape , ect

I can weld it all fine

So as it says can you please give me idea's and just point me in the right direction you never no it could be a rather sucsessful frame for me i just want a frame which suit's me and how i ride

well ive got everything to build up another bike apart from a frame so i might as well give it a shot i've got all of the things to do it

and i could

i have just been talking to my dad about it and he said that he would help me bend the aluminium tube if i wanted to ^_^

When you say single down tube do you mean simalar to a Gu Typhoon i no that it isnt a single downtube on them but they are simalar to what a single downtube would be

You might want to have a look here for Head/Bottom bracket. http://www.ceeway.com Not sure if these would be trials specific but unless you machine them it could be a problem. You'll need to build a jig to hold everything firm while you put it together. Find a frame with the geo you want and build the jig around that. Are you going to MIG or TIG? TIG would be better. The welds would need heat treating too. Check the grade of alloy and rod you are using to see it it would be fit for purpose. There's are lot more science in frame building than just sticking a few pieces of tube together. Sorry if this sounds negative but the last thing you want is a frame that folds. Could end badly.

You might want to have a look here for Head/Bottom bracket. http://www.ceeway.com Not sure if these would be trials specific but unless you machine them it could be a problem. You'll need to build a jig to hold everything firm while you put it together. Find a frame with the geo you want and build the jig around that. Are you going to MIG or TIG? TIG would be better. The welds would need heat treating too. Check the grade of alloy and rod you are using to see it it would be fit for purpose. There's are lot more science in frame building than just sticking a few pieces of tube together. Sorry if this sounds negative but the last thing you want is a frame that folds. Could end badly.

TIG welder

Maybe try making some forks to start with, get your welding technique down and that, get used to working with metals. As said before, its quite hard building frames and what-not.

Nope.

I dont want to make forks , i've got the things to make a frame and also my welding technique is fine.

I have got some aluminuim tube , solid bit's for wheel dropouts , headtube and bottom bracket part lying at home and was wanting to make my own frame just couldn't deside what shape to make it i no it sounds stupid and that i will end up hurting my self but it's just for fun really so i would really like it if you guys could give me some advice on shape , ect

I can weld it all fine

So as it says can you please give me idea's and just point me in the right direction you never no it could be a rather sucsessful frame for me i just want a frame which suit's me and how i ride

You should make some thing which looks like a Monty Kamel and a Gu Typhoon

that would look nice.

I would love to see some pics after you've done.

It is very complicated. Me and my uncle tried and it failed bad style.

Josh.

Yeah well i will get some pictures up when i've finished if i don't mess up to much might be a while though as i have another project on the go at the moment.