Emergency

onza4life

I have converted my bike to single speed, but i keep having a problem which is it keeps skipping. I have posted topics about this a couple of weeks ago but still no luck. The hub that i am using is a Shamano Deore i know that it is not for trials but i am on a tight budget and i would like to know how else can i solve this problem would i need a free wheel or what, i do know that i will need to get a good rear hub, i will when i have more money. It would only be for temp the now so please help.

thanks very much

I have converted my bike to single speed, but i keep having a problem which is it keeps skipping. I have posted topics about this a couple of weeks ago but still no luck. The hub that i am using is a Shamano Deore i know that it is not for trials but i am on a tight budget and i would like to know how else can i solve this problem would i need a free wheel or what, i do know that i will need to get a good rear hub, i will when i have more money. It would only be for temp the now so please help.

thanks very much

Your only option is to buy a new hub/wheel.

There is no point getting a front freewheel setup as then you will need a new hub + cranks + freewheel (and possibly a new BB), for the money you can buy a hope proII. Either get validated and buy from here or keep an eye out on ebay for a proII trials hub/wheel.

At a pinch you could probably get away with something like a hope XC which will be much cheaper but will still skip under moderate trials use.

Is it deffinatly the hub? Have you gone singlespeed and used an old chain? if so go buy a new chain.

If its the hub then there isnt a lot you can do about it really, apart from get a new one. As mentioned above if you on a budget look at a hope xc hub they can skip but not very offten. Im 16 stone and have used an xc hub for well over a year and its only skipped on me about 10 or so times.

At a pinch you could probably get away with something like a hope XC which will be much cheaper but will still skip under moderate trials use.

that isnt 100% true i ran a hope xc for 2 years before it started to skip it just need a bit of maintanence every now and again

too be honest with you get rid of the deore!

i can understand what you meen by tight budget but if you keep replacing cheap parts with more cheap parts eventually you will have spent the cost of say a hope bulb/xc/pro 2

i would recomend earning some money on the side and buying a more apropriate hub

have too add this didnt think all this through,it would be worth checking the ware on the chain as said above,the ware on the sprocket and also that the chain tensioning device is properly tensioned

Edited by trialschallenger