My Poor Monty :(

ytr-jack

Good effort sir!

To be honest though, dropping 8ft on a monty is never gonna end well...

Ive done 11 and half a week before.

mad! now hopefully in the year since noticing that crack youve saved for a new one?

Na my bro has a zoo but he dosnt ride much so im using it. And to be honest the zoo frame with my parts is a much better ride.

Funny but I had just the same cracks in the exact places. hopefully I welded my frame in time, but no one rides it now.

Why did you even do that drop if you knew your frame had a crack? dropping is for FR riders. Fight the gravity

I take it you havn't read the rules?

I have only been on the forum since a couple of hours ago, and i know that you aren't allowed to buy or sell in new member's chat, especially if you are validated, and the guy you are selling it to isn't lol.

Sam

I wasan't selling, i was mearly letting the guy know i was selling a monty on ebay, and the bidding is starting at £50.

So, dont get cocky because you think you know all rules, i've been her for a year or two, i think i know more about this forum then you.

GTFO.

No, your not ;)

I was merely letting the guy know that i was selling one ON EBAY. Not in NMC, god, this is getting so stupid!

I wasan't selling, i was mearly letting the guy know i was selling a monty on ebay, and the bidding is starting at £50.

i think i know more about this forum then you.

I was merely letting the guy know that i was selling one ON EBAY. Not in NMC, god, this is getting so stupid!

Kind of contradictory there and despite how much you think you know about the forum actively encouraging sales with new members is not allowed, for good reason. If it was really being stupid you'd have been warned for it, i thought a simple post edit was more than polite. Advising to look on ebay would have been fine, but blatantly flogging your gear is pushing it a bit.

On topic though, christ that's a good snap ^_^

Kind of contradictory there and despite how much you think you know about the forum actively encouraging sales with new members is not allowed, for good reason. If it was really being stupid you'd have been warned for it, i thought a simple post edit was more than polite. Advising to look on ebay would have been fine, but blatantly flogging your gear is pushing it a bit.

On topic though, christ that's a good snap ^_^

Mm, I'm not buying or selling anything on the forum, the rule is..

For Sale/Wanted/Swap threads are not allowed in New Members Chat

This says nothing about posting a post about buying or selling, and I was not selling through the forum, I was selling through eBay.

I think that it is ok for new members to buy on the forum, but not sell or swap, purely because the fact that they have to send the money before the item is send, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the seller 100% safe from being "scammed" if the money is already in his/her pocket?

*cough* B)

Mm, I'm not buying or selling anything on the forum, the rule is..

For Sale/Wanted/Swap threads are not allowed in New Members Chat

This says nothing about posting a post about buying or selling, and I was not selling through the forum, I was selling through eBay.

I think that it is ok for new members to buy on the forum, but not sell or swap, purely because the fact that they have to send the money before the item is send, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the seller 100% safe from being "scammed" if the money is already in his/her pocket?

*cough* B)

Technically that's not a rule, it's a guideline. If your going to try to look clever at least look at all the possible outcomes. You quite happily put forward that case with it revolving completely around you, but what about the possibly young new members being shown something they want for sale by someone on here and trusting that the auction is good just because they're a member on here. If the money gets sent and the ebay seller doesn't respond paypal might refund them but might not. We have no justification over ebay auctions so there's no recourse for the new member that just got scammed.

If we have our classifieds section we have control over a persons account and can aid in getting problems resolved as best we can. Allowing ebay sales that are out of our hands with people who aren't established on here isn't a good plan. As such, no trading is allowed in new members.

And if you want something that see's you as the victim what about the paypal payments that bounce after 2 weeks? You've sent the wheel by then but end up with no money.

Saying "For Sale/Wanted/Swap threads are not allowed in New Members Chat" is also open to including threads containing posts trading personal items, which includes individuals posts. Whoops :P

• 1 month later...
Its hardly old, about a month and a half. Also moaning/reporting about everything isnt going to get you revalidated.

Ohh go away, if im not going to get validated. Leave me alone! I dont f**king report any topic, the only topics I report are buying/selling ones.

Edited by JackC123