Training

trialsmax04

Ive been fiddling with my bike for weeks, and now i think i have got it just how it should be.

However, all this is good, but my riding is toatally pants! I can bunnyhop, endo, sidehop and hop on the back wheel, but i am a real beginer. I need little things to practice just in my garden and in the street to try and get better. I really would like to lean to hop up onto walls and things. When i try them now, i just plunge the front wheel into them and fall off :rolleyes: .

Any little bits to try are welcome. ^_^

max

I don't think you can actually ask people how to do tricks. You've just got to go out, and find your own way of doing it. Well, that's what i do anyway ! haha

this is very true but it is so much mroe help if you got someone to point you in the right direction hints and tips and all that, i used to watch eeerrrmm the one with martyn ashton in it ill edit this ina bit when i remember

but that was a real help to me

tricks and stunts was it?

I say this to anyone who hasn't got a copy.......get Dirty Tricks and Cunning Stunts on dvd! It may be old, it may be corny, but its a right laugh and will teach you some useful stuff.

best thing i ever did. whish i had a copy now?

Better still go to trashzen.com

trashzen is good but don't break it down as much as DTCS does....

Ryan Leech has loads of videos on you tube that are a real help.

...leechy boy on the other hand does!!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sergit...os&start=80

think is is all of his vids and some really cool ones as well.

Ive been fiddling with my bike for weeks, and now i think i have got it just how it should be.

However, all this is good, but my riding is toatally pants! I can bunnyhop, endo, sidehop and hop on the back wheel, but i am a real beginer. I need little things to practice just in my garden and in the street to try and get better. I really would like to lean to hop up onto walls and things. When i try them now, i just plunge the front wheel into them and fall off :rolleyes: .

Any little bits to try are welcome. ^_^

max

Hey- i've just checked out some of Ryan leech's vids.

And they're pretty helpful.

Also, trashzen.com is a very good website.

But, if you've got a 20" it's a bit harder to find the information you need- but, i'm sure it's just the same stuff.

I've bought the ''trials lessons'' DVD from tartybikes.com and that's very helpful- talking about what you need to do, and then showing it.

I would suggesst any of the DVD's on tartybikes and i'm sure some of the others are good as well.

Good luck with trialsing!

mat.

I say this to anyone who hasn't got a copy.......get Dirty Tricks and Cunning Stunts on dvd! It may be old, it may be corny, but its a right laugh and will teach you some useful stuff.

i agree with this comment! ive had this since i was 16 im 25 now a i still watch it to get tips and just have a laugh sometimes, to remember the old days riding in air max and reebok classics!

gd old days!!!

with advice on riding, just watch lots of vids and to get high at side hops, just loads pedals and sink your bum right down to your back wheel then EXPLODE up and pull up with your bars!

dean.

I can remember back in the day when I use to watch the videos on VHS with dave! (When I first started trials)

Now I started up again I watch alot of videos to help me out.

When you go out biking, film alot of your stuff what you do, because you can watch it back and compair and see what you are doing wrong/ or right.

Daz.

I done it my self almost with the help of youtube and all the trials vids on there. I know this sounds crazy but imagine youre as good youre fav rider and then copy all the top riders styles and in the end you will be a mix of all the best hope my crazy helped you. Lewis

Edited by lewisrzoo

I kinda agree with Lewis.

a lot of being a good rider is in the head. If you are confident about a move, you have a much greater chance of making it. A positive mental attitude helps just as much as anything else.

• Like 1