Leeds/reading Fest

Ollie Histon

I think the line up's pretty sweet, it may not be as good as last year, but what on earth is going to beat rage. I go for the atmosphere more than the music, who can turn down 4 days of absolute insanity just because a few of the bands are whack. I listened to about half of the bands i wanted to last year because the line up was too good, so who cares? Go to reading, get wasted, see a few bands, get a bit more wasted, hope no-one burns your tent, go home with some amazing stories. Sorted.

About 50/60 of us going again woop! All got early birds again so will be another FAT campsite. At the end of the day, who even cares who's playing haha. Probably about 4 of my all time top 10 amazing moments/funny stories are from Reading haha.

f**king scam on the early birds though. You have to get a coach to get early bird tickets so costs another £40 or so for a coach from London!

Ahh well, will probably blag a press pass an then make a mint off my ticket nearer the time B)

I actually like the line up this year aswell. I thought 2 years ago was sick an the last years lineup was whack (good bands near the top but a load of rubbish in the afternoon/early evening), whereas this year it's loads of the people i enjoyed 2 years ago like Maximo, Jamie T, Macabees etc but back higher up. Kings of Leon were EPIC twwo years ago aswell, and Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys will standardly smash it. Is my favourite headliner line up (purely because theres no metal band haha), apart from maybe the fact that Rage were so immense last year.

Don't knock the lineup yet either, i'm pretty sure they've released less bands then they had this time last year, is always good music on the later released lower stages (apart from the fact that new Indie is a pile of wank at the minute). Cypress Hill are rumoured too...

Edited by Max Quinn