Trials Competitions

mr manx man

Being stuck in the isle of man and not geting much of a chance to go away and have a go at a competition, (due to work and school) i was wondering if anyone had ever fancied the idea of a comp in the isle of man, as it is said to be one of the greatest places on earth for all kinds of bike riding, and there is some really cool places, i think if someone who knew what they were doing could come and put one on it would be great, shame is pedal trials hasn't got a massive scene over here so we would be relieng on people coming over aswell!

Im sure if organised, it would be a great event!!!

Tell me what you think please.

Cheers Scott.

Why don't you contact the relevant governing bodies and have a chat with them or talk to the local council? Or something like that.

That's pretty much a waste of time, what is there, like 3 riders on that island? What you're better off doing is talking to other riders that live there and organizing it yourself.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....Isle%20of%20Man

There's a link to everyone on the forum who have registered as living there.

(Y)

That's pretty much a waste of time, what is there, like 3 riders on that island? What you're better off doing is talking to other riders that live there and organizing it yourself.

(Y)

It's actually very different in the Isle of Man to the mainland.

The sports council get very involved and help run minority events.

The Isle of Man is a haven for sport and they also sponsor / fund competitors that show promise by subsidising the ferry costs etc to come over & compete in the british championship (Steve Colley, Josh Brain etc in motorbike trials)

(Y)

There's at least four on that list which don't ride anymore either, myself included. Truth is, the place hasn't got much going on without having a car and even then, street spots are limited.

There are a few good natural spots on the island but I don't think there's that many to warrant the price of traveling here on the boat. Then again, I suppose someone that could actually ride might have a bit more luck in seeing lines and longevity in an area.

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz

There's at least four on that list which don' t ride anymore either, myself included. Truth is, the place hasn't got much going on without having a car and even then, street spots are limited.

There are a few good natural spots on the island but I don't think there's that many to warrant the price of traveling here on the boat. Then again, I suppose someone that could actually ride might have a bit more luck in seeing lines and longevity in an area.

The riding skills are a problem sometimes but that's why we get better or try, so we can then look at the out of the ordinary lines, i think alot of it has to do with people not been bothered more than not having places to ride. I find new lines everytime i go out its getting the balls to do them is a problem, the island is full off spots but i do agree with car suggestion it would help. (Y)