Keeping Foam Grips Still.

JackC123

Hey I got theses £10 foam grips from a bike shop in kent. The first few days they stuck solid to the bars, but now they just slip around. I washed them, sprayed the grip part of my bars (shitty onza bars). I dont know what do to.

Anyone got any fresh idea's in what you do to keep them still.

hairspray, spray it onto the bars (thin layer) put the grips on, then let it dry (might take quite a while) should stick then.

What I do is spray hair spray on the bars, then spray the insides of the foam grips. Leave it for a few seconds so it's slightly dried, then put the grips on. It will be hard to push the grips on and they will not move.

Edited by weirdoku

Spray spray mount on your bars and down the inside of your grips, then slide them on. It'll make it easier to get them on and should stop you getting grip throttle.

Adam

Haha, quite like a like a motorcross then. :P

Spray mount?

Haha, quite like a like a motorcross then. :P

Spray mount?

They sell it in art shops, quite expensive though. Like Mr Ailsbury says, hairspray does the same job though I've never tried. Just make sure you wipe off any excess once you've slid the grips on.

G

Spray mount?

It's spray on glue.

They sell it in art shops, quite expensive though. Like Mr Ailsbury says, hairspray does the same job though I've never tried. Just make sure you wipe off any excess once you've slid the grips on.

G

Spray mount?

It's spray on glue.

Ohhhh spray mount, I know now. :)

I personly dont have hairspray but I will ask mother. (Y)

These boys are right hairspray is best. The cheaper the better as its a lot more sticky. Another thing to try is coke. Same again the cheaper the better but make sure its not diet. Put some in a bowl and leave grips in for a bit. Take grips out and put on bars. Dry with a hairdryer and due to the amount of sugar in the coke the grips will stay stuck, or so my friend said. Hope this helped.

These boys are right hairspray is best. The cheaper the better as its a lot more sticky. Another thing to try is coke. Same again the cheaper the better but make sure its not diet. Put some in a bowl and leave grips in for a bit. Take grips out and put on bars. Dry with a hairdryer and due to the amount of sugar in the coke the grips will stay stuck, or so my friend said. Hope this helped.

Soundslike an idea, but wouldn't it leave you with sticky grips?!? :D

Edited by Guantanamo

Meh, the new trial tech ones look gash, plus George and Greeners move around as much as your dad does at a disco.

The only difference is the trialtech letters on them. Which will fade away after a few rides. Hairspray will work, just make sure you clean the insid eof the foam grips and the bars first before spraying the hairspray.

how can plain black foam grips look gash you weirdo, georges dont move atall, or greeners, or mine, or woodys.

When was the last time you saw/rode with greener or george?

Im not going to get into an arguement about fooking grips.

ignore everyone else (especially tarty Adam!!!!)

The BEST stuff to stick grips by a long shot is spray paint! You will have to be quick getting the grips on though, it sets within seconds and will probably require cutting of the grips to remove them.