New Tnn Pads

Right, rode these for about 6 hours today, so will give my first impressions.

Set up: Deng CNC lever, Echo blade, Magura cylinders, water bleed, standard hose. On a Yaabaa with a Try-All booster and standard magura mounts.

Rim: Try-All, medium fairly unsharp grind, partially covered in horse shit/dust combo from the other day, was rolling on Koxx browns which had amazing hold but not much bite on this set up.

Whacked them on, and wore them in dragging the brake down a hill for a bit, straight to the most horrible, pointy, shitty rocks I know of.

The bite and noise was pretty amazing, almost straight out the box. These are seriously loud and have really good bite. Hold was pretty good straight away, not as good as koxx browns but only slipped on very cambered rocks trying to hop up them.

After riding with them for a few hours, they wore in a bit, and the bite and noise got better/louder. Moved onto street shit and there was no slippage at all, really good stuff.

If you don't like noisy brakes, don't buy these. They have amazing sound and bite, and very good hold. They're also really stiff due to the lovely backings.

Definately worth the price so far, again will update on wear rates and all that later.

cnc backing because they are solid and all the force is pushed in to the pad

but yeah plazmatics are cack in wet

Just letting everyone know that Stan and Ali C are currently testing a new green compound (LGM) which does perform in the wet.

Some of Stan's comments on the new compound.

Today I rode a quarry in typical UK weather, which is heavy showers and wind and it was a good chance to test the Green compound in wet conditions. Happy to say it was very good indeed. The sticky-ness to the pads seems to help the wet weather performance. Can't fault this compound at all.

Regards, Stan.

Just letting everyone know that Stan and Ali C are currently testing a new green compound (LGM) which does perform in the wet.

Some of Stan's comments on the new compound.

Today I rode a quarry in typical UK weather, which is heavy showers and wind and it was a good chance to test the Green compound in wet conditions. Happy to say it was very good indeed. The sticky-ness to the pads seems to help the wet weather performance. Can't fault this compound at all.

Regards, Stan.

Ooooooh... makes me keen to whack my green ones on and test them too!!

What is the wear rate like on the green ones... living near the coast i ride on the rocks on the sea front a lot and it is often damp, need something that will work well on a ground rim in the wet.

The wear rate of the LGM's are excellent. I have rode them now for the past eight rides or so and their still showing no significant signs of wear with a medium grind.

Just to let you know also I rode a demo today and it was raining harsh all day and my brake did not fail. These are a fantastic pad for wear life and performance!

Finally, there is another compound in the pipeline that will be able to cope with ALL weather. The pads are awesome so far but need a little tweakage to make them perfect.

Cheers,

Lewis.